The Best Defender of All Time

Stating the obvious here, but it’s ALL changed… I watched the Gazza documentary again yesterday, if he was playing today, he would get sent off nearly every bloody game, because of the way he uses his arms to protect himself… Football really has gone downhill…

2 Likes

Or Russian interference. Will have @Bl1nk check it out :grin:

2 Likes

Sorry forgot to turn off my Russian bot 🤷🏻

Topic at hand I’d go with Maldini. He was just so good for so, so long.

Can’t not mention Paul McGrath here either. He didn’t play for great teams which is why he’s understandably not in the mix in these discussions but he was a top top quality defender. I’m.not saying he’s second or anything, but he’ll always be high ony list.

1 Like

Des Walker deserves a mention and was an incredible defender from what I remember. Walker was really quick and could pinch a tackle on the front foot, and alongside Adams clearly the best in England.

1 Like

Proud of you @Calum changing your vote from Pique to Maldini…

2 Likes

Was merely a banter vote the first time :joy: picked the worst one on the list

Maldini is probably the best ever left back but not the best ever centre back. To me it seems like we’re comparing apples and oranges with fullbacks and centrebacks.

I also genuinely wonder how the short back line of 80s Milan cope with a Stoke City set piece strategy

1 Like

@JakeyBoy please help our boy Maldini back on top :smiley:

1 Like

Big Tone even tackled alcoholism !!

6 Likes

Not sure if you voted for him because he was the best or you’re just low key gay for Nesta.

Which is of course fine, just saying

:wenger2:

1 Like

Very disappointed to see Shkodran Mustafi not down as a choice. Second choice is Maldini

Well, they’re both defenders aren’t they. Maldini could do both, was amazing at centre back, but definitely better at left back. He could attack well as well, but defensively is where he was incredible in that position.

Also I hope you’re trolling with that stoke comment :joy:

3 Likes

I pick Ramos because he has the skill, speed, strength… Full package

1 Like

Pascal Cygan ffs

And he is an absolute record red card thundercunt :ozil:

1 Like

Definitely low key gay for Nesta

1 Like

I love that killer spirit

1 Like

Sergio Ramos