The Athletic

Smeg sake just renewed for £17 for the year.

Wasn’t it £9.99 for a year just a little while ago?

Can’t even get that right.

I’d rather dunk my bollocks in a vat of acid than give these cunts my money, right @Electrifying? Literally funding Goebbelsblog’s propaganda

1 Like

I’m still amazed that he covered the Ramsdale transfer and didn’t disclose his brother was part of the deal!

1 Like

There isn’t anything wrong with that imo. His brother is an agent he is a journalist. Whats the big deal

1 Like

Oh of course he can cover the story but it was a little sketch that he didn’t disclose his brother was part of the deal. In the same way that reporters who may write about idk, another publication may insert a throwaway line “full disclosure I worked for this publication between these dates.”

I’m not saying James did anything wrong, I’m just amazed he didn’t disclose it. Maybe it’s because he’s not really a journalist first.

1 Like

Why should he need to?

What business is it of anyones haha

Is he still trying to make it as a comedian? To quote Blackadder, his jokes are about as funny as getting an arrow through the neck and discovering a bill attached to it.

2 Likes

So James is covering this transfer.

His brother is part of the transfer. His brother stands to make money as part of the transfer.

James has the platform to put stories into the press about the transfer that may help shape opinion about the deal.

It’s absolutely relevant that his brother is on one end of that deal.

Maybe I’m just over-lawyering the situation.

@Phoebica he wrote a book that was based on his one man show. I haven’t read it but it looked interesting. He’s a good foil for Andrew on the Arsecast but idk if I’d sit through one of his standup shows.

1 Like

Safe to say this failed.

1 Like

Wait a second. Where did the Likes Plus go? I wanted to use the laugh-cry emoji.

There was a vote and people decided it was shit. Democracy.

2 Likes

Clearly there was Russian interference.

A good journalist declares any possible conflicts of interest that may affect the way they report on things

2 Likes

Its a piece for some football subscription news outlet. Its not that deep lol

1 Like

I don’t think his brother being the agent influences what he thinks or wrote though and if he’d declared it I doubt he’d be getting a free pass off you guys. Just a non issue in my view.

3 Likes

That’s fair, he definitely wouldn’t get a free pass. I’d probably accuse him of being a shill which is really no different than what I do now.

I just think it’s better to disclose anything like that, probably over cautious lawyer thinking.

2 Likes

If he did declare it I wouldn’t mention that he didn’t do it.

It’s just some indicator that you notice.

If you’re a science or medical journo reporting on a new drug, you’d hope if your brother made the drug, that you’d declare it

It’s just good practice.

What about the fact that his brother was obviously his source on our interest. Isn’t he also obligated not to call out his source in such a manner?

Youse just don’t like him haha

1 Like

I think if the report is ‘arsenal want Ramsdale, or in talks for Ramsdale’ etc would be ok.

But if you’re writing an opinion piece, that’s a different thing. Imo at least.