The Athletic

I had an email offering 30 per cent off. But I haven’t done it as I don’t think many people are renewing, so I reckon they’ll give a better offer when they see a declining number of customers.

Are you talking about The Athletic or an Arsenal season ticket? :grinning:

2 Likes

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/09/09/the-athletic-hits-1-million-subscribers-after-enduring-sports-shutdown.html

I cancelled my subscription as I wasn’t paying the full year price but just got it again for 6 months as its a £1 a month lol. Basically free. :joy:

2 Likes

Yeah I cancelled mine and now I’ve got it for £1 a month lol

3 Likes

Still £1 too expensive.

2 Likes

It was. Couldn’t tell you the last time I went on the app to read about something. It’s still very good but I’ve got bored of it.

Subscription cancelled :negative_squared_cross_mark:

2 Likes

They have finally run out of content.

9 Likes

£1 a month for 24 months for new subscriber

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/the-athletic-ps1month-for-24-month-3777893?utm_source=mappshare&utm_medium=referral&utm_content=3777893&utm_campaign=2021-08-12

It was destined to fail and it won’t be long before we hear The Athletic is folding. They’ve basically been running £1 a month offers since it’s inception.

3 Likes

Their podcasts are good tbf. Hope they stay. Get them all on Spotify

I don’t think they’ll fail because their US content is great and is respected within those sports.

But their problem was hiring so many people here to comment on football, including morons like Adam Crafton who got pissed at that teacup gif of Ozil that one time (but he’s actually one of the better journalists there, with substance-filled stuff compared to the usual up-themselves football press).

Maybe they should have started smaller here.

One of my OA highlights is still December 2019 when I got about 5 of you to join after I posted a boxing day offer :joy::joy:

4 Likes

They had a really good Fm21 podcast last year where they would interview different people from Si but I doubt it will return this year which is a shame.

1 Like

Goebbelog at it again the stupid posh cunt.

Was giving him a chance until he spouted this shite.
What a fucking dick.

Licking the arse of the club, selling your body for access.

Go fuck yourself posh arsenal wanker.

5 Likes

No you weren’t :grin:

1 Like

*was laying off the abuse = giving him a chance to not receive further abuse.

5 Likes

Some of these accounts will tell us it’s all rosy and to trust the process even if we’re in a relegation battle with 3 games to go ffs

1 Like

This is the good advice that Ainsley is so desperately in need of.

5 Likes

These guys have such a hardon for Fraudeta, it’s embarrassing.

1 Like