The Athletic

Arsenal fans in any group chat should be like this for now and stay out of crossfire

giphy (29)

4 Likes

If we do end up 8 to 10 with no cup I’m of the opinion it’s over for us.
Stock will be to low and nobody going to be scrutinising marginal gains on a bit of pressing tactics with a novice manager. Can go on all we want about the summer transfer window but let’s remember everyone else will be buying and a couple of sides could be changing managers as well.
Arteta really needs a couple of heroes between now and May to step up for him. Hope he gets them.

2 Likes

It makes it a lot easier arguing about football when you criticise your own team more than your spurs supporting mates do.
It shuts them up straight away.

2 Likes

Yeah it’s the worst, means you’re completely irrelevant.

1 Like

Enjoyed reading this.

Must have been massive news at the time

It was mate. Still a farce imo that to this day the fact nobody else at any other club has been found doing it.

4 Likes

It was very convenient for the board because the season before, he won the European Cup Winners Cup and before that, the domestic cup double.
They were looking to get rid of him because they didn’t like his style of football but to sack a manager that had turned the club from mid table, to win six major trophies in eight full seasons, as well as losing two finals, wasn’t going to go down well.

Like @Stroller said, it seems strange that no other manager was caught doing the same thing, even though it was fairly common knowledge that back handers, bungs and brown envelopes full of cash were frequently rumoured to be paid to other managers of top clubs.

So it made it an easier decision for the board to sack Graham but, if we had been top of the league, there is no way it would have happened.
If only we had a board now that was so ruthless and decisive.

4 Likes

Best Arsenal manager

Really pleased with this

Horncastle is the best in the business for Serie A

Gonna just pretend its 1999.

Their sub is looking like a waste of money come the widespread sports ban :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

Anyone who hasn’t already signed up can get it free for 90 days (just remember to cancel before end of trial). Yeah, there is no football at the moment, but they do a lot of decent nostalgia pieces.

1 Like

tbf I know it isn’t there fault but I didn’t pay for that haha

Ffs, these fuckers can refund me three months subscription then. Absolute shithouses.

2 Likes

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. To be fair, I do actually enjoy a lot of the articles they’re currently doing, especially now they do a lot more European football, but why should I pay more than other people? I’m pretty sure it was only a month free trial when I joined. Hoping once my year is reaching an end they’ll offer a decent deal.

I fucking signed up to this on tuesday, albeit with a discount, but still…

Also gotta say I’ve been so disappointed with it so far. The articles I’ve read have really not been that interesting or delve into stuff I didn’t already know :confused:

That is an absolute piss take mate

How much did you guys pay for this?

I paid for a year back in September on a heavily discount price I can’t remember haha

You can spend that six quid on a couple of pints. Well… normally you could anyway…

1 Like