The 5 Biggest Events In Our Lifetime?

I don’t know about the UK. But the US is quickly becoming a 3rd world country.

1 Like

Spain? US? You guys don’t know what a third world country is

Yes I do. I’ve been to TSC’s Bolivia.

Definitely third world. Just ask Che Guevara

1 Like

Definitely.
It’s amazing Harrison was the third best singer and songwriter in the band and still had more success than most in the music music business.

All four of them were essential for their unparalleled success.

1 Like

9/11
Covid-19
The invention of the internet
2008 financial crash
Gerrard slipping and Demba Ba scoring

5 Likes

Fuck I miss Len :cry:

1 Like

I’d have

COVID-19
Tsunami
9/11
Internet creation

Have to think long and hard about the 5th.

1 Like

I think the creation of the iPhone is a huge moment. Shifted phones in the direction of basically becoming laptops in our pockets.

Smartphones have changed the world forever. Moreso than the regular mobile phone ever did.

4 Likes

We’d still have smartphones without iPhones though, so I wouldn’t have it up there with moments like Gerrard slipping.

3 Likes

The iPhone compared with the PDA’s back then was really revolutionary. Not sure it would have become mainstream if not for the iPhone, how easy it was to use etc.

I think in years to come, if someone was to stumble across this thread, I think they’d be shocked that nobody mentioned the mapping of the human genome.

Same might go for the discovery of the Higgs boson particle in the Large Hadron Collider.

1 Like

Be interesting to see if we live long enough to see the James Webb telescope finally launch and whether we feel it worthy of challenging for a spot on any list :grin:

3 Likes

:joy:

1 Like

For people who dont know James Webb Telescope is supposed to launch next year.

For people who don’t know they’ve been saying that every other year for a decade (hence the joke :smile:).

I mean, the new Tool album dropped before JWST.

might still happen before Half-Life 3 though.

1 Like