Tennis

Shapo plays a decent level then he should win I think , his unforced error count may give Murray a look in though.h

1 Like

Iā€™m really looking forward to Felix vs Nick in Round 3, could be a really entertaining game to watch.

1 Like

Looks like Iā€™ve missed a great day at Wimbledon.

Karen Beats Korda in 5 with a wild final set.

Fuccy upsets Rublev in 5.

My boy Felix takes out Zverev in 5.

Federer eliminated in straight sets. Demolished.

Has to be the end of the great man. Granted he hasnā€™t had enough court time recently, I think he has to call it a day at the end of this season. Hopefully a nice run at the US Open to cap off his career but heā€™s done.

1 Like

Thatā€™s a fairly significant loss. Wimbledon was to him, what Roland Garros was to Rafa crica 2007. Father time is here.

Heā€™ll come back next year, I donā€™t see a reason to retire this year unless his body is truly done.

He had poor prep since the French but yeah heā€™s a fading force,.he doesnā€™t have a great deal of time left. Credit to Hurkacz as it was a great performance.

Out of all these dudes itā€™s looking like Djokovic will be the one left holding it down in terms of all the slams, the younger guys are nearly ready.

1 Like

Is he going the Olympics this year?

I caught most of the second set and you could almost tell the point at which he just wasnā€™t able for it. That slip in the tie break was the final straw. A decent effort all the same to still be making Grand Slam QFs at his age.

1 Like

I just hope his collapse in the third set was more his lack of hard match practice following his surgery. heā€™d looked increasingly impressive up until today but maybe he just ran out of steam.

Maybe heā€™s got one last big tournament in him after he turns 40 although incredible heā€™s still around the top 10 at the age of 39 as it is.

Out of the big 4 from a few years back it looks like Djokovic is increasingly like the last man standing and that will take him on to be the GOAT on major trophy count by a good margin.

Never thought Federers total could be caught a few years back but I was very wrong. Still think Fed is the most graceful mover of them all - like a big cat around the court. Lovely to watch.

1 Like

Djokovic 2 wins away from winning the first 3 slams of the season.

As a relative outsider to the sport of tennis, whose opinion is worth very very little, Federer will always be my :goat:

Something magical and joyous about him, his style.of play and his innate talent that I just donā€™t get from Nadal or Djokovic. I see him as an artist, like Ronaldinho is in football. Djoko might end up with the more Cristiano like record but my :goat: is my :goat:

3 Likes

It doesnā€™t matter, Djokovic will have the record but Federer will always have the fans and the true glory. He is magician, even now to be doing what he is doing at 39 and he (almost) always won with the most style and class anyone has ever seen.

A shame for the stats and records to be broken but timing has helped Novak on that. I do think heā€™s a great player (Djokovic) but thereā€™s just something unloveable about him and the way he plays, itā€™s very robotic and I feel he wins by war of attrition similar to Murray. Heā€™s improved in recent years in that regard but heā€™ll have to do a lot more to take the GOAT status in my book.

3 Likes

Actually Iā€™d say Federer is the lucky one with the timing, he rattled off around 11 slams before Djokovic turned 21. Novak has had to compete against Fed, Nadal and Murray etc his whole career.

Sadly for most people Nole is the :goat:, it isnā€™t a popularity contest.

6 Likes

When Federer had a slams record thst seemed like itā€™d hold up it was about slams, now it seems that it wonā€™t itā€™s about style :rofl:

2 Likes

Basically itā€™ll end like thisā€¦

Djokovic most slams :white_check_mark:

Djokovic most weeks at no 1 :white_check_mark:

Djokovic most masters 1000s :white_check_mark:

Djokovic most season end no 1s :white_check_mark:

Djokovic end of season titles :white_check_mark:

Djokovic better head to records vs Federer and Nadal :white_check_mark:

7 Likes

Maybe the golden slam too with an Olympic gold :eyes:

2 Likes

I used to think Federer was the best and certainly most graceful to watch but I think Novak is the better player for the reasons you mention.

His quality is unbelievable fitness, speed and stamina, consistency of shot and mental ability/will to win.

If he wins Wimbledon you wouldnā€™t bet against him doing the Olympics and US open but some of these new guys look like they could give him a match. Berretini, Shitalov and Hurvacs all look very strong in grass this year so weā€™ll see. Will be fascinating to watch the next few days and a very good precursor to Sunday evening versus Italy.

1 Like

Aesthetically Federer has been the best to watch.

Agree with everything you said @Kroenkeoutplease

1 Like

You say that and yet Novak won most of his titles when those two were aging and facing injuries (I wonā€™t even include Murray as heā€™s trash imo). He has just got another free pass for Wimbledon and his peak has been when Federer was dropping off.

Everyone has their own view and at the end of the day there is no fully fair comparison, but as I said, despite being a very good player for me Novak will always be third best behind Roger and Rafa. Both brought much more excitement to the game and class in Federerā€™s case.

Good for Novak that he will have the records :slight_smile:

Nah.

Djokovic dominated when tennis was at its most competitive, really isnā€™t even an argument.

Do you realise who heā€™s had to beat to win the majority of his slams? And Nadal and him are a year apart, itā€™s not like Nadal is an OAP in comparison.

2 Likes