Tennis

Thiem put Nadal on a plane for Mallorca

Beautiful player to watch Thiem.

Yeah, has all the shots including the devastating single hander and big forehand.

Tactically is where he gets found out at times, feels like he isnā€™t the brightest of tennis players but heā€™s improved quite a bit on the hard courts.

Judging from that match though despite the fact he beat Nadal I think Zverev is the favourite, not sure what heā€™s been smoking lately but heā€™s in great form at a slam for once.

I know :heart_eyes:

Iā€™m telling bellerin you are cheating on him :bellerin: :bellcry:

1 Like

I think the Djoker has this in his pocket. Donā€™t see either Zverev or Thiem troubling him too much. And yes, he will get past Federer with ease. Rogerā€™s luck will finally run out today. Not my favourite player and I hate to admit it but Novak is the best of the lot, possibly strongest mentally.

I would like to see one of the young guns win this. Its time we had new heroes in tennis. I personally prefer Thiem as he has been more consistent when it comes to performances in the majors.

Heā€™s currently down 5-2 in the first set haha. Federer is racing through.

I still think Novak will win, mind.

And with the blink of an eye itā€™s back on serve

1 Like

Yep. When I first tuned in and saw 4-1 I was like wthā€¦ Federer isnā€™t even supposed to be fit enough to play and heā€™s up 4-1 lol

Novak takes the first set. Does Federer have another come back in him? I donā€™t think so.

Make that two.

I think he is doing just enough to beat Roger. Not trying too hard. Just turning it on whenever he needs

ā€¦
ā€¦

And its done.

I just hope Thiem can beat Novak in the finals, although I wouldnā€™t bet on that happening.

1 Like

And you were right haha

Novak will win the final in straight sets. Been imperious in this tournament.

Novak just doesnā€™t lose at Melbourne Park.

Really hope Thiem beats Zverev tonight and makes the final.

Dominic Thiem living a charmed life ATM, looking the way he does, top 5 in the world and into the Final of the Australian open :fire:

That ā€œeasyā€ Djokovic win isnā€™t looking so easy now, is it? Heā€™s been a bit out of sorts, making unforced errors all over the show.

Thiem has this in the bag now.

Certainly looked that way. Djokovic seems to have regained his composure now though. Deciding set it is.

Momentum with Djokovic nowā€¦

2 championship points for Djokovic.

Only needed 1. 8th title in Australia

Djokovic is a nob