Tennis

Delighted for sinner as he’s a very worthy sinner after his form last 6 months and this tournament.

I do feel for Medvedev though, that’s 1-5 in slam finals now including lose 2 from 2-0 sets up.

I do feel the 2022 loss was worse though, as 35 year old Nadal has no business beating Medvedev on a HC.

1 Like

Just comes across as very well put together, very respectful, humble and knows what’s important in life. His parents should be super proud cause he’s a fantastic young man with a big future ahead.

Finally, a player I can get behind.

1 Like

Sabalenka’s partner has died by suicide according to the Russian media.

When you watch Andy Murray walk, you wonder how the hell he can still get around and play at this level. He’s got thin old man looking walk where it looks like he’s got back pain. Wonder how much longe he’ll continue.

He played rather well tonight but Wawrinka just overpowered and dominated.

1 Like

Murray should have called it day a good while ago

This version of Warwrinka is absolutely washed and Stan has dispatched him like he’s 25 again

It’s been over, must surely get to a point where you have to wonder why you’re even doing it anymore.

He is not truly competing anymore, ugly to watch

1 Like

Sadly it’s probably Nadal’s time to go as well. Going into tournaments unranked means he’s gonna get tough draws. He’s better than a 1st round loss but it’s hard when you a draw like he did for the French Open. So many issues with his knees and other injuries. That now when he’s fit he seems to have a bit of fear of his body letting him down again. You can see it in his decision making. Playing more drop shots when maintaining a longer tally is preferred. He’s trying to force it. It’s a real shame. It’s hard watching him right now. He should’ve had that 2nd set wrapped up with a 6-4 win but unforced errors and poor decisions cost him.

1 Like

https://x.com/rolandgarros/status/1798004467494957343?s=46&t=eJpgg6uHWRsStnASv-OePg

EDIT: concerning. I know he’s a guy that actively avoids surgery

Yeah this was a massive shame… (said sarcastically) but yeah, must be serious if he trusts medical professionals over his own opinion.

Surprised the French Open hasn’t had more chatter though?

Carlito!

2 Likes

https://x.com/juleskoundismo/status/1809330931653587371?s=46&t=LlMNFvsPPy2ozwuX8FhQrA

.:joy:

1 Like

Fritz with a madness against Zverev.

1 Like

Why was the crowd in Wimbledon booing Djokovic?

Heard him on the radio news hitting back after he won.

Thats mad disrespectful from the crowd. I swear they boo him every year

Reports saying they were cheering for Rune and fans do this with the long “u” sound that almost sounds like the word “boo.” Djokovic always looking for reasons to whinge. Like his comment about padel. No love for the guy at all. Respect his talent but will never like the guy. He likes to play the villian and then complain that no one likes him. You can’t have it both ways.

1 Like

It’s a tennis match, not a football match

These fans want to act like idiots and not be questioned? He’s within his rights to voice his displeasure tbh

2 Likes

No problem with him voicing is opinion. My issue is that he likes to do that and then moans if there is any backlash. It goes both ways. And people pay good money to go to watch tennis, so they are entitled to cheer for whomever they like.

Not sure how fans using the long “u” to cheer for Rune is idiotic. But to each their own I guess.

1 Like

Gonna be a long ass game of tennis.

Not sure about that :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Well, that first game was good whilst it lasted.

Half expecting the Djok to come back from two sets down, but I’ll take a Spanish victory, as long as it’s the only one they get today.

Damn. AA looking old AF.

His hairstyle changed dramatically in the space of a few years in the 90s

1 Like