Tennis

5 Australian Open finals without winning it. Any other era and he’s converting at least 2 or 3 of those into wins.

1 Like

Wawrinka has also won 3 by virtue of being very efficient in slam finals.

Yeah 5 AO open finals for Murray, think it’s 4 losses to Djokovic and one to Federer.

Murray has managed to beat Djokovic in finals at the US and Wimbledon and from memory his 3rd slam was against Raonic at Wimbledon.

Murray to his credit also made a final on clay, think he lost that to Djokovic also.

Did Murray get to a French Open final once? I can vaguely remember watching something like that on telly when I was in Prague. Won the first set v Nadal and then got battered?

Yeah I just said above he made one on clay correct. Maybe it was Rafa not Djokovic that battered him after the 1st set, my bad.

But yes he did.

Nah I actually dont remember if it was Djok or Rafa now…

1 Like

Nah it was Djokovic who beat him in 2016 @DavidHillier

But Murray did win the 1st set

1 Like

The 2013 Wimbledon final was the only time I’ve been properly invested in tennis.

Seeing a Scot win Wimbledon was incredible

2016 was a strong year for him. Got to final of Aus Open, French Open and Wimbledon. Only winning Wimbledon obviously, but still a good year.

Ended the year as the world no 1.

Only man to do it outside the big 3 since 2004

1 Like

In case people haven’t noticed I love my tennis.

Tough times for the mrs who really doesn’t like sport, yet I’ve got AFL, premier league, NBA, Cricket and Tennis that I follow with a high degree of interest.

Sunday night at dinner she goes “ How do you and Joey ( my brother ) and mates talk sport everyday? “

Pretty easily tbh

1 Like

Mrs saw me typing on OA last night and she just sighed. I said what’s wrong? She said “all you do is talk about sports, don’t you get bored?”

Of course I don’t lol

“If it’s not football it’s boxing blah blah etc etc”

2 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:. They don’t seem to understand that it’s a passion, things are fluid and always something to discuss.

1 Like

What was it like having something come home. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

And the Poms were all claiming him.

2 Likes

He lives in London. Plays under the GB banner

:woman_shrugging:

GB banner fair enough, but deep down you consider yourself English not British and deep down you know he’s Scottish.

I don’t understand why certain sports are separate countries but Tennis uses British lol

1 Like

Tennis probably just sticking with outdated traditional values I’d say.

1 Like

Athletics is the same. Which is useful for England using the Winter Olympics :sweat_smile:

We basically let you join us when you have something useful to add.

1 Like

Talent pool here is woeful compared to other countries

3 Likes