Tennis

Nadal. The GOAT

4 Likes

Rafa THE UNDISPUTED GOAT

Get in!

4 Likes

Credit to Nadal, hopefully Zverev can dust him off

How can one be the undisputed goat when one is only the best on clay?

Federer and Djokovic piss all over Nadal on hard and grass :rofl:

2 Likes

And Nadal pisses over them on clay.

Hence he’s the goat on clay.

Saying he’s the goat of tennis is like saying Peter Crouch is the goat of strikers because he scores the most headers (assuming he does - Idk).

But then you can’t say the other two are the GOATs either

Logic doesn’t work on some.

1 Like

Yeah I blame whoever started the idea of playing tennis on different surfaces.

Also a goat should look aesthetically pleasing for me. See Messi vs Ronaldo for example. Nadal is too muscular and all that, let alone the butt picking :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Says you mentioning some sick fuck reference when you wanted to get your point across last time.

Yeah, of course that’s what all the tennis fans are thinking tonight.

“What a great game, but Rafa doesn’t quite look like a tennis player…”

:roll_eyes:

Huge result for Nadal, didn’t see the game but it looks stat wise the difference was he was much better at winning points on his 2nd serve.

Taking out Djokovic and Alcaraz losing also I can’t see him not winning this title now.

1 Like

Sure there is an argument that Federer and Djokovic are better all rounders. But I wouldn’t say they piss on Nadal. Nadal has won every grand slam at least twice.

Not to mention, you’ll be hard pressed to find anyone in any sport as dominant in their field as Nadal is on clay courts. Even when written off he smashes it out of the park. Absolutely superb athlete.

And come Sunday the books will read:

Nadal: 22 grand slams
Djokovic: 20 grand slams

4 Likes

Yeah it’ll be a 2 slam lead which is advantage Nadal. Ultimately the GOAT will be remembered by who has the most slams as opposed to weeks at No 1 and year end no 1s etc.

I don’t think this discussion is over though as I think Djokovic still has a few more slams in him, although so could Nadal. Federer is the one who is dead in the convo.

Tbh in 15 years time it won’t shock me if we’re talking about a 34 year old Alcaraz having eclipsed all 3, I honestly think he is that good. His competition of Zverev, Medvedev, Tsitsipas, Sinner, Felix, Shap and Rune is decent but it ain’t Nadal, Djokovic & Fed type competition.

2 Likes

@Darkseid i think Wimbledon is a MUST win for Nole to close it back to 1, he will likely start a reasonable favourite on the Grass.

1 Like

Yeah, by quite some distance

But you never know

I think that’s too short from the bookies, but yeah I’d have him as favourite.

I’m intrigued to see what Alcaraz does on the grass. I’m still annoyed they don’t have 1 masters series event on grass either Queens or Halle.

I struggle to think of an era in any sport where 3 individuals have been so dominant for as long as the trio of Federer, Nadal and Djokovic have been over the last 15 or so years. It’s absolutely crazy the consistent and longevity both guys showed

Federer will always be my :goat: but ultimately it’s just a joy have been able to witness 3 all time great athletes in the same era doing battle.

The one result I wish I could change would have been Federer loss to Djokovic at Wimbledon finals a few years back. I think that was the closest Federer will get to a Slam again. But still was amazing to see him have a later career resurgence between 2017-2019

I do wonder if we’ll ever see him at a Slam again

2 Likes

I think we’ve had only 1 slam in the last 73 that haven’t featured at least 1 of Nadal, Djokovic snd Federer in the SF.

That 2019 final you talk about Federer should have won, was impeccable on serve all match and had 2 match points at 40-15 in the decider.

Crazy day of sport that in London, you had the Wimbledon final and Cricket World Cup final between England and NZ running simultaneously.

Couldn’t agree more that all 3 should be treasured, what competition at such a high standard they’ve all produced over such a lengthy period of time.

Greatness and they’ll all be missed when the time comes.

Spare a thought for Andy Murray who might have had 7-10 slams in a different era.

5 Likes

Yeah I don’t think Murray gets enough credit. He was the most competitive of any of the players outside of those 3. I don’t have the figures at hand but can’t imagine there are too many players who went to 11 finals during that period like he did. I think he’s only got 3 slams off head but 11 finals shows he had the quality.

How many other players have been to so many finals with as low a win rate? Didn’t Murray go to the Australian Open finals about 5 times or something without ever winning because of Djokovic domination

1 Like