Tenet

For random films the local town one does the job but if it’s a big film we go up to the massive Cineworld in Glasgow to make a day or night of it, depending when the showing is.

Next one will be James Bond in November if that’s still happening :joy:

Live a stones throw away from this one. It’s a decent cinema.

Yeah, been there plenty of times before. Though, now I have that information I’ll be sure to avoid it :sweat_smile:

It’s a bit weird you only like shitty cinemas :relieved:

Films been delayed again with no release date set

This is turning into so much drama.

You should have seen the Yanks on reddit having a tantrum about the rest of the world getting to see it before America :joy:

1 Like

Just booked my tickets!!

Opening night premiere on 26th of August. IMAX.

1 Like

Travis Scott made the Tenet theme song.

And a final trailer

Holy shit

Good?

Yep. Very. Not sure I understood it all haha.

1 Like

Yeah I definitely need to see this ASAP hah

1 Like

When does it come out in UK?

Today I think

1 Like

Came out today

1 Like

Yeah it was really really good. Not sure it’s his (Nolan’s) best film, but this is what cinema is all about. I’ll write up a little spoiler-free review tomorrow.

Man, where do I begin?

This story just grabs you right from the first second and doesn’t let you go until the credits roll. 150 minutes of playtime just flew by.

I’m not gonna go into the movie too much because, well you should find out yourself! If you like sci-fi, espionage, action and a bit of mystery, then this if 100% for you. Also if you like Nolan’s other films, which always involve an element of time, then obviously this is a must-see. This movie could not be more Nolan-esque.

The casting is top-class. John David Washington (Denzel’s son!), Robert Pattinson, Elizabeth Debicki and Kenneth Branagh all bring their A-game. With Robert edging it for me, he brings so much charm to the whole film. Every scene with him is a delight, top actor. JDW is just a physical beast lol, damn the dude is strong.

Nolan’s first movie in a long time without his mate Hans Zimmer, but I gotta say - and this coming from a big Zimmer fan - you don’t miss their partnership at all. Ludwig Goransson got the job and truly delivered. Hits the right note in every scene and it’s all so damn loud lol I loved it. I read several complains about people struggling to follow the dialogue, I totally get that haha, thankfully I had Dutch subtitles so I didn’t miss any of the dialogue, but yeah it was really damn loud at times, but it made the thrilling scenes all the more intense.

The movie concept? Well if you’ve seen the trailers it’s about inversion. I’m not gonna say more. Just go and see this film. And see it in IMAX if you can. Totally worth it.

My rating at the moment is a 9/10. But I definitely need to watch it again to fully understand everything, so the rating might be tweaked a bit after another viewing.

4 Likes

I was a bit disappointed by this, mainly by the cliches the plot was riddled with.

Not that I regret having seen it, but just not the instant classic I was expecting it to be.

2 Likes

@Cristo @Sol you lads going to this?

1 Like

Need to book in when I’m back in London

2 Likes