Takehiro Tomiyasu (18)

Makes sense. In my head I was already at the stage that tomi must be using Rosickys dealer.

2 Likes

:eyes:

Wat?

There was a rumour years back that Rosicky suffered from a drug addiction which is why he was missing for so long and the club disguised it as injuries

2 Likes

Wow. I was in London during his prolonged absence studying at UCL but I never heard those rumors. Wild.

If he was truly an addict his hair wouldn’t have been so fabulous.

I dunno man an entire era of Glam Rock is contrary to that.

6 Likes
1 Like

This bloke still crooked ? Noticed Cedric seems to be getting a lot of action.

1 Like

Maybe it’s part of Arteta’s ongoing quest to enact a version of omertà at the club but the injuries are so vague.

If we have to eat a steady diet of Cedric on the right this season we’re in deep doodoo.

3 Likes
2 Likes

Yes that’s the plan.

There was a still from a match where you could see City’s formation with both fullbacks tucked in and the #8s going somewhat wide.

I assume our system will look very much like that next season.

1 Like

Injured again

Hold an L or bring AMN into the fold because funds are nowhere near enough to sort quality competition for Tomi out on top of midfield and wide attack. Crocks are making life difficult for us as usual. AMN > Cedric

2 Likes

I think Saliba incoming lets White be the RB cover (or Saliba himself, no idea if he’s capable).

It could actually be a decent way to sort Saliba getting enough game time to convince him to extend, as long as Arteta was willing to play a 21 year old CB in the PL.

Either way, I can’t see Ainsley suddenly becoming a solution here. Cedric > Ainsley seemed to be Arteta’s view when he had the choice IIRC.

3 Likes

Can’t argue with that. Guess AMN is a pointless debate. Willing to give White at RB the benefit of the doubt until we know a lot more. His ball playing abilities definitely brings some confidence he can transition there.

Think he needs to be downgraded to sicknote status. It’s not a knock on his talent at all but if he’s gonna miss eight weeks, get healthy, go to Qatar and come back gassed, we can’t rely on him.

2 Likes

This club, more knocks than a Texas whorehouse.

Yeah I think like Tierney we’ve just gotta realise he can’t be relied upon and have to plan accordingly unfortunately

And it’s absolutely nothing to do with his talent or desire to play. Some guys just break down a lot. We saw it happen with Jack because he was overplayed at a young age, didn’t get protection and couldn’t really evolve his game. We saw it happen with Ramsey and Diaby who had traumatic injuries and never recovered and we even saw it with an older player in Santi who started breaking down over and over as he aged.

I do wonder if Tomiyasu’s size has something to do with it. Having to make those sprints at high intensity over and over and over is so taxing.

It’s a shame because I think he secures that right hand side so much along with Odegaard and Saka.

Although I think Cedric seems like a nice guy and is quite handsome, I don’t want him playing RB. Much rather give White or Saliba a shot there first.

1 Like

What injury does he actually have this time ? Another soft tissue problem ?