Takehiro Tomiyasu (18)

Bad night for him so far

That was fucking awful that losing possession then yellow card

Why my man pick this game to put in his worst performance

1 Like

I still donā€™t think heā€™s as good as Arsenal fans make out.

Good player, but nowhere the top fullbacks at the contenders.

2 Likes

Heā€™s a good right back. Very solid defender, and also underrated going forward. Could see his quality in full flow against City a few weeks back but heā€™s clearly unfit now

5 Likes
5 Likes

Of course he wanted to play. Professional athletes always want to push themselves. But he shouldnā€™t have been put in the position of having a choice in the first place. An injured player can be a detriment to the team. Not saying he is to blame for the defeat, but he certainly didnā€™t help. Weā€™d have been better off using the academy or moving Ben White across.

1 Like

He didnā€™t have any training sessions before the gameā€¦ yikes

Him and ESR are not going to be in much state against Burnley sunday. They might be struggling but we cant really be carrying passengers either.
Things are unraveling here unless we can get bodies in here in the next 10 days.

2 Likes

Leaving his fitness out of the discussion last night, we are missing a trick with him at right back going forward.
He does get forward tbf but he isnt dynamic enough. We need better in the PL. He is a good player and has a good career here ahead but this will need addressing at sometime in the summer.

1 Like

Absolutely.

Arteta loves to rush people back to their detriment

Only his second poor game of his arsenal career for me, and clearly due to injury and fitness issues. Other than those I think heā€™s been our most consistent player alongside Ramsdale.

Personally I think he should continue as first choice against the better teams, whoever we bring in come summer, (as long as we have a more attacking option on the left).

Only against the weaker teams at home where the benefit of the extra solidity is outweighed by lack of ability going forwards for me

1 Like

Apparently injured, and out of the Japanese squad for the upcoming international games.

People said he had basically no attacking instinct before he signed. Took one game for that to be proved wrong and I think heā€™s done ok since. Itā€™s a part of the game he is learning having seemingly not had much use for it in his previous club
and I reckon he gets better with time and more coaching.

1 Like

Perhaps, but currently Mikel doesnā€™t seem to want him to bomb forward and make overlapping runs.
He usually wants him to tuck in and join the midfield and try to make key passes passes to Saka, the AM or ST.
He really does play like another CB/DM, similar to White.

1 Like

Sorry mate. Disagree with this. He does get forward if the team moves well but for me its pretty standard.
He is neat but nothing special on the ball and very limited pace. I agree with GC he is more suited in a central role.
Plus he isnt agile enough to be natural in them situations. You can see that when he is up against pace too.
Tbf on that as a defender he uses his football nous for advantage mostly. He isnt a problem by any stretch but you can easily upgrade in his position and utilise him at the same time.

1 Like

Totally jinxed the lad.

Assteta strikes again. Coulda played a back 3 with Saka and Tierney as wing backs. We would have been shit but we lost anyways. Assteta lack of squad management is compounding an already fucked up situation. This is what ya get when u entrust what should be, in theory, a top 4 squad to a cone collector.

Fucking jinxed the lad. Mentioned that he used to be injury prone in Italy and that he was free of that here by December/January then bang heā€™s been out for more than a month now.

1 Like