Takehiro Tomiyasu (18)

At least we get to see more of Cedric though. Something we can all enjoy.

“Tomiyasu, we are still assessing him,” Arteta said.

“We are taking some time to try to protect him and get him in the best and the safest possible way so he can help the team as quick as possible.

“At the minute it looks like he’s going to be available.”

Good news!

7 Likes

Good news for him during a frustrating spell on the sidelines

That shirt clean as fuck, peak hipster bait.

6 Likes

@Joshua :eyes:

Creativity? 0/5

Originality? 0/5

Streetwear Potential? 0/5

Propensity to Show Stains? 5/5

Cumulative score of 5/20. That’s a failing score, may God have mercy on their souls. Horrendous attempt.

1 Like

We apparently played a behind-closed-doors friendly against Brentford today with a combination of academy players and first teamers not on international duty but Tomiyasu wasn’t involved.

Guy is never coming back. :frowning_face:

Fucking full back curse at this club.

that is a bit much, he will be back but maybe they will leave him for this season

This reminds me about the first Tierney season when everyone was hyped but he was missing for much of the first half of the season.

2 Likes

At least we have an in form Cedric

Whenever that Spurs away fixture comes around, I pray we have a fit Tomiyasu in the team to deal with that cunt Son

Seems pretty unlikely he’ll be match fit by then

When was the last time he played ? Liverpool league cup middle of January when he was awful ?

1 Like

Feel like he is always closing in on a return

Right-back Takehiro Tomiyasu, who hasn’t played since January, is also closing in on a return.

“I think he will be close,” said Arteta. “He’s been training more and more. He has the boys now back so he will be joining some more sessions this week, so let’s see how he is.”

On why the Japan international has been out for so long, he added: “He had a recurring injury, but in the other calf, which was strange and difficult to predict.

“He’s been through a lot in the last couple of years with all the Covid, the amount of games that he’s played, the transition to a different league where the intensity is completely different.

“We can find the right reasons [for his absence] but hopefully he doesn’t go through that situation again because, especially for him, it’s been tough.”

Is he definitely real? We didn’t all just imagine him did we?

Who are you talking about? Ainsley, Hector, Chambers or Cedric? We have so many right backs.

1 Like

Weird, I rarely remember my dreams, and I haven’t been obsessive enough about Arsenal for a while for this to make sense, but i had this odd one the other night where Tomiyasu started and after like 3 min had to go off with hamstring…

Takehiro Tomiyasu
Left calf. Takehiro is making progress in his recovery from a muscle injury to his left calf, which he sustained in February. Takehiro had successfully recovered from a muscle injury sustained to his right calf in January.

It is hoped Takehiro will be back in full training after the match at Southampton on Saturday, April 16.

Just know he’s going to be off the pace when he gets back. If he ever gets back.

1 Like