Takehiro Tomiyasu (18)

Gunnerblog carries so much water for the club he’s basically one of those water bombers they use to fight wildfires.

I judged him hardcore after that Ramsdale puff piece. There was a rumor that his brother is Rammy’s agent.

Adolf Artetler and Joseph Gasbbels in the mix

1 Like

Guys, be confident on him! He looks to be a decent & disciplined player.
Honestly, I am not much concern on his adaption/ quality; I juz worried that he would become an injury-prone player in Arsenal.

What a load of nonsense.
Where does Hakimi fit then genius? :rofl:
The reason we didn’t go for Lamptey was his injuries.
Aarons is overpriced. Emerson as well. So was Tyler Adams.

Tomiyasu was a safe punt in a lackluster RB market.
Relatively cheap, probably low wages too. At worst he’s gonna end up a solid squad option that can play multiple positions.

Ummm, I hate to break it to you but this is Arsenal we’re talking about :grin::grin:

4 Likes
2 Likes

I want him to succeed so badly but I can’t help but feel he’s another panic signing out of nowhere doomed to fail

Feels like a new signing.

I think he’ll be successful solely on the basis that he was slightly above average defender in a league like Serie A

He’s a punt for sure. Maybe he ends up replacing Holding in the CB rotation long term. It’s hard because I really wanted a flying fullback and he’s just really not that guy.

2 Likes

From the videos I’ve watched of him I’ve liked his composure and speed of thought on the ball. Seems to use his physical stature well too in duels and in the air. For a 22 year old he looks competent in Serie A. Lets hope for the best that he transitions gracefully into English football because we need it.

2 Likes

He looks to be a very disciplined player too.

He can shit balls and wields telekinesis. I’m impressed already

1 Like

Oi m8! No sittin’ on The Albert!

1 Like

From whatever little I have watched of this guy on youtube

1. Won’t get bullied off the ball like Hecky B used to

2. Looks quick, should be quicker than Bellerin although that’s no big achievement.

3. Wins his fair share of headers, so better than Hecky B again

4. Genuinely two footed. Doesn’t seem to have a preference which foot he uses, and loves a long diagonal/straight ball over the top.

Overall, given the pretty low bar set by Bellerin and Cedric, he should be an improvement.

3 Likes

Think this guy is going to be one of our best signings this summer.

1 Like

Really hope he’s in the squad today.

2 Likes

I feel like he looks pretty old for a 22 year old.

I don’t feel qualified to make any further comment on him.

1 Like

Haha that reminds me of being a kid and randomly flicking through channels and seeing some garbage show called Dawson’s Creek. And some girl says “hey come on Dawson your only 15” and me my mate were like fuck off :joy::rofl: my man had a 5 o’clock shadow, man physique and looked like he’d been up all night doing lines of coke, clearly dude was like 30 :joy:

I thought Tommy boy here was like 28 until you just said he’s 22

2 Likes

How very dare you. Dawson’s Creek was AMAZING! I rewatched the whole show pretty recently :sweat_smile:

The actor who played Dawson was 20 when the show started I think. But yeah that character didn’t look or talk like your average 16 year old. Still a classic show, though.

And anyway, the word garbage can only be used when describing OGS. You must have missed that memo.

2 Likes