Sven Mislintat

Malcom’s been kind of a bust himself hasn’t he?

Dumping Sanchez to Man U and destroying their wage structure was worth picking up Mkhi in my opinion.

This ain’t it chief

We dump Sanchez and destroy their wage structure, then take £30 million (the widely reported alternative to this chump Mkhi) and go buy Malcom who is doing decent for Barca on much lower wages as well.

Perfect scenario.

2 Likes

Dumping Sanchez = good. Picking up Micki on expensive wages = bad… how you see the balance there is challenging - the problem is that Sanchez was one of our most productive players (yes, with many flaws) and we replaced him with a zero.

2 Likes

Could we have gotten Malcom for 30m though or are you just pulling that number?

I don’t know that we could have gotten even close to 30m for Alexis given his contract situation.

Barcelona and Roma agreed a fee for that amount.

Yeah maybe not on both - would have been better to dump him for 20 and try to find another gem… Micki has not been important to us this season either way and has largely been frustrating.

No arguments there.

The Alexis situation was something of a make chicken salad out of chicken shit situation. We knew he was running his contract down and didn’t have the ability or wherewithal to entice a bid from China. Man U didn’t want to pay a fee and decided to toss in a player who wasn’t important to them and we decided to accept a swap rather than try to sign a player from a different club. I think it speaks volumes about how Ivan rated his own ability to close deals. Overall we probably just got the better end of that swap but it’s one of those rare ones where nobody comes out happy. Not us, not Man U, not Alexis and not Mhki.

2 Likes

Barcelona have an ability to pry players away from clubs. We have not shown such an ability. :mustafi:

We were chasing Malcom tho, I don’t think it was on our side that the deal fell apart

And I doubt Sven had the authority to dump Malcom for Micky

1 Like

Weird what actually winning thing’s does for your profile.

1 Like

Cool, so Sven wanted Perisic and or Carrasco but Emery and Raul are calling the shots on our transfers now, and their first big signing is Suarez. This really makes me fell confident in our transfer dealings going forward 🖒🖒

4 Likes

We’re those available as loans?

You don’t think we had 20m or so to spend?

Btw a quick google search showed that yes both of those would have been loan deals.

I have no idea, I just remember that was the narrative. Not sure we should have purchased any of them, but yeah hard not to think they would have been more useful loan deals lol.

Wonder if we try to go for Carrasco again. Might be possible in the summer

1 Like

That’s the rumor, considering he lost his place in the Belgian national team. He wants to be back in Europe.

1 Like

Whoever wrote that article knows as much about what went on behind the scenes as we do. Doesn’t even quote anyone in the piece.

3 Likes