Sven Mislintat

We haven’t been much of an out of La Liga buying club anyway. At least since 2011 or so anyway :joy:. Coincedentely that was the point everything went to shits.

Time will tell if we’ve made a huge mistake not giving Sven more of a role in recruitment. I guess history would suggest he should have been given the trust of the club and it’s a shame we didn’t get more out of Sven.

Either way this isn’t a death knell for the club it’s just not ideal for mid season.

1 Like

He isn’t doing that well atm, tbh. He has signed some crap players for Roma.

Can’t even hold on to a homeless man. This club… :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Huge loss. Sven was the MVP.

So it’s looks like Sven took a loner approach to head of recruitment, completely isolating existing scouts?

The guy sounds small time tbh

1 Like

He pissed people off at Dortmund too apparently

Well well well, what bargains Leno and Sokratis are turning out to be.

5 Likes

On the evidence on how his signings are turning out it’s a damn shame we didn’t give the man more time and increase his responsibilities.

6 Likes

The evidence was there all along. He’s about as proven as they come in his role.

If you take out the need for his clubs to sell players, he’s signed a team that could right now consist of Lewandowski, Aubameyang, Mkhitaryan, Dembele, Reus, Perisic, Gundogan, Papa, Hummels, Leno and for reasonable prices on the most part.

He’ll get some shit along the way too (as does everyone) but he clearly knows how to spot talent.

I don’t know the realities of the internal politics of the club so can’t really comment on who deserves to stay in a supposed Raul/Sven power struggle, but as an outsider he’s the one I’d back for the longer term as someone who’s actually delivered following a model that Arsenal clearly want to follow.

2 Likes

If he is that good at his job and he is responsible for some of our recent signings like Aubameyang, Torreira, Socrates, Leno, Gendouzi, Mkhitayran etc, then why did we let him leave and go to a smaller club, without having a suitable replacement?

1 Like

Because we are Arsenal.

5 Likes

I’m not sure you need a scout to know about those players, other than Guendouzi :slight_smile:

2 Likes

From Homeless Sven to Hells Angel at a probation hearing Sven.

4 Likes

I think the club came to the conclusion that he wasn’t good enough. Which might also explain why he’s now a scout for a team that look likely to be relegated, rather than being snapped up by one of the elite teams in Europe.

3 Likes

This is way too harsh, especially there is no prove or anything to back up this conclusion.

Big clubs don’t really need him because they already have exceptional scouting network and personnel in this area. Also like you said, if there is a phenomenon, the whole world would know about this. You don’t really need a scout to get that info for you.

It makes sense for me that Sven goes to a smaller club because smaller clubs don’t have the budget to get big names. They really need a good scout to find them gems in a cheaper price.

Big step down.

1 Like

Bye Sven. Thanks for the things that you did that were good.

3 Likes

Deserved the sack for Mkhi over Malcom tbh

1 Like