Sven Mislintat

Come on man Sokratis was a poor signing and so was Leno. Guendouzi is a kid who looks way out of his depth and nobody knows anything about Mav at the moment. He was also responsible for spending £20m on a shit goalkeeper and bringing Mkhitarhan here.

You could easily argue he’s gotten more wrong than right but unfortunately he hasn’t been here long enough to form any reasonable judgment on him.

3 Likes

It certainly could be the case. Sven has a bit of a track record at this point of falling out with people. Plus, if your job is to recruit and scout but you have no money how much fun is that?

Also, just want to applaud whoever it was further up the thread who expressed their distaste of Le Grove. That guy comes across as such a jerk.

But isn’t he arriving from a selling club that gave him less than we gave him in the summer?

He was brought infor a long term project to bring in cheap talent to keep doing things “the Arsenal way”. He’s been here nowhere near long enough to say whether he’s been a success or failure yet, so I don’t know why people are happy to see the back of him.

At least he’s actually been a head of recruitment for a league winning side and actually identified big talents. I’d love to know who people think we’re actually going to get to replace him that would have anywhere near his history.

7 Likes

I am reading he is basically a Gazidis’s man and now that the bald prick has left he feels he isn’t needed anymore.

It is harsh…

Sokratis is pretty decent, a very good rotation

Guen is a promising kid, is better than any of our own youth player, any…

Leno is no shit, consider the shit defense in front of him.

To blame he brought Mhki here, why not blame our management could not tie down Sanchez to a longer deal, or ship him away earlier that it should be? Sanchez was down to his final year of contract and our hands were tied. To avoid his huge contract is kind of a good deal for us anyway.

1 Like

The whole situation is a mess though. I feel we will need a lot of twists and turns before settling down.

With all due respect, he’s not been here long enough to kick that fuss up. He’s only been here for two full windows, one of which was splashed on Auba.

No he’s correct. Leno was an abysmal waste of money and Sokratis an average defender.

Leno and Sokratis is just a cheaper version of the Xhaka and Mustafi summer

1 Like

Whoever said Wenger is blameless? But he’s certainly not to blame in this situation where the head of recruitment wants to fuck off cause he doesn’t get along with the manager and has no money to spend, all this 8 months after Wenger left.

20m, Leno is a good “cheap” replacement of Cech.
20m is not even peanuts nowadays.
Don’t compare him to 40, 50m goal keepers.

Being average or decent, just opinions. Mustafi and Kos made more errors than him, and Sokratis is better option than them.

1 Like

He’s our best CB but imo we still shouldn’t have signed him. That’s the best you’ll get from me :wink:

1 Like

Leno and Sokratis aren’t terrible signings IMO. Sokratis is arguably our best defender. Leno is playing with an absolute mess in front of him.

2 Likes

Sokratis being our best defender doesn’t mean it wasn’t a poor way to spend £16m. I don’t think Mislintat should be getting credit for signing someone who is a marginal upgrade on our current defence.

And Leno has been culpable for conceding plenty of shit goals and making mistakes and that was obvious from before we even signed him. Poorly spent £20m right there.

1 Like

If it was Gazdis, Arteta and Misslintat as a package I’m glad we avoided

8 Likes

if that is the case then it if for the best isnt it, Gazidis wanting arteta is potentially suicide.

1 Like

If true, Imagine wanting a ipad merchant as a manager so badly, go screw up another club Gazidis.

1 Like

Sanhelli/Emery isn’t the pinnacle of stuff either. Barcelona transfer dealings has been somewhat of a mess like @Feche said.

2 Likes

Not really. You could have gotten Arteta for reasonable wages and if he clearly was out of his depth you could’ve parted ways with him. This season is already wasted so I doubt it could’ve been worse. At least Arteta knows the league, knows Arsenal and knows how Arsenal is seen by our rivals.