Super Mik Arteta

I need some transfer news dopamine.

Need some quality signings in the summer to push on and do even better next season.

We need at least one more top class player in defence, midfield and attack.

1 Like

Rice already done according to The Arsenal Horse

2 Likes

This squad at this level of performance isn’t making it out of the group stages of the Champions League.

BIG summer needed.

1 Like

AT the very least he deserves another season with serious backing.

I can’t possibly come on here after this season, even though I don’t think we should be overly celebrate it either especially with no silverware and how we’ve faltered again at the end of the season, and say we should sack the man. For me, I still think he’s right man to take us forward but christ he needs to do some serious spending on this squad come the summer. Cause I real do worry for us next season if we don’t.

I don’t think anyone is arguing in good faith to sack him.

3 Likes

I think we need a top quality first choice striker, a PL proven quality CB, someone to challenge Saka on the right , number 8 and 6. Even another left and right back too.

Some serious spending needs to be done on this squad.

I’d hope so, he at the very least deserves another season with serious backing.

100% agree that Arteta pushed these boys as far as they can currently go with a few shockers in there. If we don’t break 200m spend this summer we will fall further behind the title conversation I reckon. We have to build on this in a BIG way. The system is there it just needs more depth and more quality.

2 Likes

We’ll see, the discount deals we did in January were allegedly a prelude to a big summer.

I don’t see us needing to build in a ‘big way’ to avoid falling further behind in the title conversation tbh, City really can’t get any better so either this squad get worse or we can’t hack the CL/PL combo.

2-3 quality additions and that means first team (Replace Xhaka, improve Jesus and a defender to challenge either Saliba or White).

Couple of decent squad fillers alongside that and we should be able to handle both comps. Could probably manage even without these tbh.

I would argue if he is not backed then he may start looking elsewhere himself. Plenty of teams out there looking to spend money but they’re missing the coach to lead them to success.

I do think that Arteta, Edu and the management are aligned in their vision though. Had my doubts before but they’ve clearly put their money where their mouth is.

2 Likes

Can someone please explain the dichotomy between the first 2/3rds of the season and the last third? What has actually changed? Is it personnel? Or approach to attack/defence…It simply doesn’t make sense.

Such a catastrophic fall from grace; the wheels started to fall out at that West Ham game, that was when I first realised this season was done.

But I’ll be honest, I didn’t expect us to just kneel over so easily.

It actually started post-WC.
We started leaking goals and the team caught wind of actually being in the title race. It made every game more nervy than it should.

We capitulated twice on our way to the City games. First in February and then in April.

Mind you we’ve had our injuries and it does play a part but mentally the team was slowly starting to choke. City going on the run they did certainly didn’t help.
Those results against Liverpool and West Ham started casting doubts in their head and then against Southampton the players were already dreading the match at the Etihad.
Against City we lost the match before we even set foot on the pitch.

3 Likes

Ultimately, it doesn’t matter how good your manager is or how good you are at scouting, buying and coaching players.

If someone else is cheating and getting away with it season after season, then the odds will be stacked against you.

Sometimes we see the same old shit displays.

Becoming much more rare but still. And the same weaknesses

Shouldn’t be happening. Mr Hyde

1 Like

But we can’t just replace Xhaka, we already needed another midfielder when Xhaka was there.

I have serious concerns about Partey too.

Replacing Xhaka in the XI is what I meant, with a starter.

If Xhaka goes of course we have to sign another to be backup. Partey is fine.

He’s looked like he got zapped by the aliens in Space Jam for about six weeks now. Idk why or what may have caused it. We know from the Ozil and Aubameyang sagas that once a player hits that age curve, there’s generally no going back. Maybe that’s what’s happening to him? Maybe it’s the rape case, maybe it’s something else entirely. But he’s been horrible down the stretch and the club can’t pretend signing Rice and another rotation option will fix it.

1 Like

Partey has to go. Since we’ve signed him he’s been unable to complete a season either due to injuries or a dramatic fall-off in form. When he’s on form he’s an immense presence but his recent performances have made me question his commitment and professionalism. He’s not going to get better at his age, he has to go and his body language makes me believe he is leaving.

2 Likes

2 Likes