Super Mik Arteta

We still haven’t achieved anything of note under him as of yet…

But they’ve built a nice squad and the football looks really good. It’s certainly the most exciting time to be an Arsenal fan in the last 15 years.

Fingers cross these talented youngsters sign contracts and kick on, I’m starting to think it could be possible that we become champions of England again at some point in the next 5 years.

1 Like

Oh, I’m definitely hyped at the moment. Swapped my black Arsenal shirt for the pink one at around 7pm to go out in yesterday. Still buzzing.

Arteta is doing a great job THIS SEASON. I’ll judge him at the end of the season. I’d take fourth right now and be content. Anything higher or better (trophies) and I’ll be elated.

I will say this, Arteta has played the long game and a lot of his decisions are appearing to be the right ones over time. Kudos.

2 Likes

You really took time to pull out quotes from 2020 to slander Castiel’s name? Lol

He’s one of the biggest Arteta supporters here… I understood why he may have wanted a break as I’ve done in the past when defending Arteta’s vision could get tiring.

But with time it’s good to see that this needs to happen less. Would be great to see Cas back during this period but I’m sure he’s enjoying the team all the same

5 Likes

The myth about @Castiel being an Artetasexual needs to go.

The guy was as #ArtetaOut as they come

He’s just jokingly trying to bait Castiel into returning lol

2 Likes

he’s got us playing with so much confidence and togetherness right now, it’s amazing being an Arsenal fan right now

4 Likes

Think this is the most positive I’ve read on here from you for ages. Great to see. Too soon yet for the team to challenge IMO, but Liverpool is an ageing team, Chelsea don’t look like a team atm, and Utd are years away from being back at the top. We have an excellent young team, probably the best in Europe. Looking forward to seeing what we can achieve in the future.

1 Like

Rack up the points for Mikel :clap: :clap: :clap:

Showed he can hang with the best of them (Conte not totnm lol).

Seeing as Arteta now has god like status here and deservedly so, it’s probably a good time to mention the fact that the name Arteta literally translated into Portuguese means Airtit.
Just a bit of useless information I thought I would share that doesn’t actually mean anything :crazy_face:

2 Likes

I think I was one of a handful of people that always stayed believing in what he could do

All of my mates wanted him gone, but there is always a process and processes take time to implement. He has been given time by the club and that is coming to fruition now.

3 Likes

:raised_hands:t3:

1 Like

I had one wobble when it was really bad before Christmas and we saved it by beating Chelsea.

Wasn’t full on out but thought at that point it was potentially worth the risk of starting all over again if a world class manager was available. Didn’t want Tuchel (who was free at the time) though.

Glad we rode it out, I didn’t want us to become a managerial circus like Chelsea. They have success in spite of their approach because they spend their way out of shit.

1 Like

Been a long time since it felt that way as well.

Now arsenal games can’t come quick enough while for the last few years it was almost a second job to watch arsenal. You had to do it but didn’t always want to :joy:

5 Likes

He actually had no fucking clue. He walked back his initial prediction regarding Arteta on this very forum and basically declared Arteta a basque fraud.

10 Likes

Yup just like @Castiel
Only people who committed themselves on the Told you so poll have the documentation.

Did he actually? :joy:

I think I must have had him on ignore by that point lol

2 Likes

And pretty sure he coined the phrase Basque dog. Did a complete 180

5 Likes

Nah that was for Emery.

Man had Arteta’s back from Day One.

I was an Artetasexual when he nearly got the job in 2018. Your poll is not sufficient evidence.

1 Like