Super Mik Arteta

Yeah lol but obviously with Mikel he was never a long term successful assistant he was just being groomed for a coaching role so that’s different type of appointment in my eyes. Basically like Zidane @ Real, Capello @ Milan, and however many other managers took assistant roles before graduation to their actual goal role

1 Like

The exception with Mikel is that he was being bigged up big time unlike other assistant managers.
I personally haven’t seen an assistant manager get this much traction before.

I remember Steve McClaren having alot of praise for what he did as number 2 at United?

3 Likes

SMS/Tielemans and Bowen it is

tumblr_nmq21hZO1s1s3bhqso5_r1_250

8 Likes

He should beat Palace. A defeat there would be hugely disappointing at this juncture.

3 Likes

We should have a good run till facing a true competitor like City, Pool and Spuds. Chelsea, meh.

2 Likes

Excited about the season ahead
Given the quality of football we saw this team was capable of last season, I am looking forward to the improvements our new recruits will bring in

2 Likes

That video thumbnail is a fucking perfect emoji. I need it.

2 Likes

You’re welcome

3 Likes

:arteta3:

8 Likes

I love it :arteta3:

1 Like

mf if we sign a goal-scoring winger and a CM :arteta3:

4 Likes

I don’t know who’s under the desk and what they’re doing to make him smile like that but maybe we’ve found out what Xhaka’s area of expertise is and why Arteta keeps him at the club. :grinning:

2 Likes

Come on, we all knew Xhaka sucked.

3 Likes

Loved the first half we were so silky.

Second half we were sloppy but some great performance from individuals kept us afloat.

Ultimately 3 points at a challenging away ground on the opening day of the season - huge success.

3 Likes

The game was always going to be cagey but I was expecting a bit better attacking football in the second half.
My optimism about this team has come down a tad bit. Hope they grow with games quickly.

1 Like

Well the football is probably always gonna be a tad boring. But that’s the way the game is played nowadays. As long as we win I don’t really care.