Super Mik Arteta

Twerking for a CL place and a St Totteringham’s Day. Are we back in the early Emirates days? :gabriel:

1 Like

It’s what any self respecting Arsenal supporter should expect. :grinning:

3 Likes

He will surprise everyone, even his supporters, by challenging for the title this season.

4 Likes

Amazingly, for some supporters, challenging for the title won’t be a surprise, it’s actually expected. :grinning:

Bold call that I’d love you to nail.

1 Like

I think Arteta v Pep will eventually succeed Klopp v Pep but even if we finish 2nd next season, I think there will still be some gap between City and Arsenal.
If it happens it will be the following season.

Weirdly, I think Pep wants Artera to get there and be his rival.
Reminds me when I tried getting friends of mine who played PES to try FIFA. I used to destroy them but sometimes I took it easy not to dishearten them to the point the just gave up.
Slowly but surely they became good. One of them knocked me out of a local FIFA tourney in the semis and went on to win the whole thing. I was so butthurt.

Why would you do this? FIFA sucks lol

1 Like

Back when it was good bruh. I don’t play much anymore.

2nd? Are you high?

We’re in a scrap battle for 4th.

4 Likes

I’ll trust your judgement, as you’re always right, just like Wenger.

1 Like

Poor guys. PES smashes Fifa. You ruined their lives.

2 Likes

Awkward for Steve and Albert lol

Which one will we win first? Premier League or Champions League?

Well the PL usually finishes before the CL, so gonna go with the PL

1 Like

Wasn’t there talk at the time that we were interested in appointing him as manager?

1 Like

I don’t think so.

I remember Arteta, Vieira and Thierry were identified as the prime candidates at the time.

Also, happy birthday!

Maybe not this Ljinders dude but we were certainly linked with one of Klopp’s other assistants before hiring Mikel. I think he went on to manage someone else though.

1 Like

How many successful LONG TERM assistant turned managers are there?

Obviously guys like Zidane and Capello were assistants to all time great managers before moving forward but it wasn’t for very long and the aim was always to become a manager.

Look at a lot of guys- Paul Clement, Rene Meulensteen, Carlos Queiroz, Pep Lijnders are just 4 guys I can think of who were highly regarded assistant coaches that never made it as managers. Queiroz had a long career as a manager but don’t think he’s ever actually amounted to much in terms of having a high level managerial career

I hate the idea of hiring a successful assistant manager basically

1 Like

With Mikel being the obvious exception.

1 Like