Super Mik Arteta

The inside story of Arteta’s Arsenal rebuild

Arsenal are one win away from qualifying for the Champions League for the first time since 2016 - Guillem Balague explains how they have got to this point.

What we have learned from that article, especially that nonsense about the olive tree, is that Balogue is the head of the Arteta PR department. :grinning:

1 Like

That opening with the olive tree is a horrendous opening tbh.

1 Like

PRarteta is already putting out excuses ahead of the collapse.
Disgusting…
@BigWeng_4LYFE was right all along…

I bet you the olive tree is dead already, there’s no way an olive tree can flourish anywhere in the UK.

1 Like

This olive tree is flourishing because of the emotional connection it has with Football Arsenal Club. The power of love transcends natural biological processes my friend. Generosity of heart will always prevail over the decay of flora and plant life in general.

As the ancient Chinese proverb goes - “compassion conquers the death of olive trees”. Hauntingly poetic and relevant to this very specific scenario. Those Chinese folks from back in the day were wise indeed.

4 Likes

That’s an excellent article, makes me appreciate him even more.

2 Likes

Absolute lies, I have an enormous one in my garden lol

And it gives olives which you can eat and turn into olive oil?

Yep!! My garden is constantly littered in tonnes of black olives, it’s extremely fertile haha

4 Likes

Is this in the UK? Fucking hell I never knew this was possible, do you actually harvest the olives?

1 Like

This is in Fulham! Haven’t tried harvesting the olives as it seems like a fucking effort and we don’t know what we’re doing so we tend to sweep them and put them in the compost

1 Like

Wow I’m amazed, it’s probably best you put them in the compost because it is an effort to harvest them. I have about 20 olive trees on my land, they get picked or dropped onto a net sheet, the leaves have to be separated from the olives then you take the whole lot to the local olive press ( I’m guessing you don’t get these in Fulham!), wait your turn for them to be turned into your olive oil.
If you want olives to eat, you have the tedious task of slitting each olive and letting them soak in brine for a few weeks.
Your tree needs serious pruning though

1 Like

Haha yeah that sounds like an effort and none of the presses in Fulham either.

Those pictures were actually from 2 years ago, it’s since been pruned and looks a lot more manageable now.

1 Like

I too have an olive tree in my garden. But I don’t like olives.

Fulham is very nice and I’m sure Olive is a lovely girl but why are you trimming her bush in your garden? :grinning:

3 Likes

Now he’ll probably be the youngest manager to bottle a 4 point lead with 3 to play and finish 5th.

4 Likes

Go to bed u moron. Football aint for you.

3 Likes

It ain’t for you if you don’t think Holding committed 2 bookable fouls.

2 Likes

Hmmmm, I thought some were gonna wait for FT to tell us “I told you so”.
I guess beating BigWeng to it is essential…

5 Likes