Super Mik Arteta

That’s insane. We aren’t in a position to do it because of how badly the team was managed over the last five years. We’re just starting to crawl out from under some bad deals and you’re just itching to lock us into some new ones.

The club aren’t going to bring in a new core of prime age players now. That ship has sailed unfortunately.

This is another season of transition, like it or not, I don’t think expectations were Top 4 this season. Yes, we can try to bring in an older player, who at the same time is still driven, and driven to play for Arsenal, but it isn’t necessarily easy finding these players, we have some bad experience, perhaps with bad transfer decisions, but the right player between 26-30 years old would also demand high wages, esp. to get them to choose Arsenal over clubs in the CL.

Problem is… We are not going to find it easy attracting top players with no CL football and a novice crap coach. We are stagnating already and will start regressing soon if Arteta is not fired.

Arteta is a terrible terrible coach.

2 Likes

Hahaha we looked like a jaded team on Saturday evening that had played a European game midweek :grimacing:

3 Likes

Madness, wasn’t it. Had a days rest over Shite-on too

1 Like

Yeah I simply can’t make any excuses for him, I was bloody pissed off staying up to 530am to watch that garbage.

7 Likes

Don’t have to be pro Arteta too realise Potter isn’t the answer here.

1 Like

Huh? Saying we should sign some 27+ year olds to complement a pretty young squad isn’t mental, feels like a big leap for you to read his post and say that SRCJJ is itching to lock us into bad deals again.

Signing players who are over 27 does not always equate to a bad deal, by any stretch. Old doesn’t equal bad. If we’re saying 27 is old.

6 Likes

I just think we need to let this idea go. The club aren’t going to do it. And, who exactly is coming here in January with no Europe? Players outside the top talent tier and/or guys who will demand huge salaries. I’m just not convinced the club would make the right call on those prospective signings and it would leave us with more Elneny or Cedric types who can’t or don’t want to move on.

Edit: To be clear, I’m saying I think it’s a bad idea to go sign three or four guys like that. We clearly need a midfielder and needed one before Xhaka got hurt. So signing a prime age midfielder would be amazing. We’ve been burned by bad contract situations a few times and it looks like a there’s light at the end of that tunnel.

I also quite like watching the young guys play. It might be because having youth led rebuilds is more of a thing in USA based sports (made possible through college drafts and closed leagues).

Whether it will actually happen is a separate question. I was addressing the idea that wanting to sign some players over 27 equates to wanting to lock us into more bad deals, it’s that basic premise I’m disagreeing with.

Guess it depends how many you want signed. I don’t think it’s a good idea to bring in three or four prime age guys right now. I don’t trust the coach and I don’t trust Edu. We may well wind up with more Mari and Cedric types.

Well, yeah, we could do. But I don’t think it really makes sense to say that we should never sign a particular age profile of player in case they end up being like Cedric or Mari.

Also, Mari was 26 when he joined the club, he wasn’t even past the fairly arbitrary threshold of being older than 27, which kind of illustrates that its not age that determines whether a player will be a shit signing or not, so why say “no players over 27”?

We could only sign younger players who are below the age of 25 and we could still end up saddling ourselves with a load of shit on inflated, lengthy contracts who we then struggle to get rid of.

1 Like

1 Like

Lmao this is going to trigger the artetaphobes isn’t it

3 Likes

Thats now 3 trophies in the bag under his tenure and yet his critics Are still acting like spoiled babies loool :eggplant:

4 Likes

Potter in the mud😜

Steve Bruce won in it April this year, thereby proving you don’t need to be a good manager to win it… More good work by Artetas pr team…

1 Like

I think you want it to :grin:

I mean look at that fake tough guy pose he’s fronting like he’s a real manager, we only got 10/12 points because we were playing complete trash teams while Guendouzi is being called up to the French national team and Saliba is playing with an expected goals conceded average of .0000075.

Disgraceful propaganda from Sky Sports, The Athletic are probably behind this too.

4 Likes

Haha.

I guess I’m an “artetaphobe”, doesn’t trigger me though cos it just isn’t particularly significant. I don’t see it as a major blow to my position of wanting him to be fired. One manager of the month award doesn’t outweigh everything in the “cons” column.

2 Likes