Super Mik Arteta

You didn’t even wanna give Emery a single game lol

2 Likes

Yeah, because we knew he was shit.

2 Likes

Emery I had seen his work and style of football previously, so I had basis to make an assessment as to what to expect.

Completely different scenarios.

I think Emery was just a lazy appointment by our board as he has somehow fluked 3 EL titles.

1 Like

Even if that were true, there’s no logical contradiction there, Emery was proven shit, Arteta we know literally nothing except that people in the game think he’s promising and that he talks a good game.

2 Likes

Arteta shouldn’t be given 18 months. He’s got until this time next year to look like he knows what he’s doing or he should be moved on.

2 transfer windows and a pre season will be more than enough.

5 Likes

That I agree with. But certainly doesn’t make this:

anything but the correct stance. If only we didn’t give Emery a single game for this club.

2 Likes

One transfer window*. It’s clearly not in Arsenal’s interest to do business this month. Except for a few loan deals maybe.

Yeah I can’t see this January being a transfer window for our club as such.

The advantage Arteta has over Emery, is that Emery proved himself to be inadequate but Arteta is unknown at this level.
So he will be given a lot more time than if we had given the job to a top proven manager.

It was a genius move by our board to get, not only a manager that was probably the cheapest, but also that will be given a lot more leeway because of his inexperience and that he also used to wear an Arsenal shirt.

2 Likes

It’s still two transfer windows so it didn’t need correcting there haha. The club can still do business in this window, and reasonable business at that too. Inter are on the verge of signing Eriksen, Giroud and Vidal to add to the signing of Young.

And they’re accomplishing that on less than £25m.

It’s all about being pragmatic in the market.

4 Likes

Inter are in a completely different position than us though. Except for 1 or 2 positions they have starting team settled and are looking to add players for their #12 - #18. Arsenal needs to overhaul half of the starting eleven. That is not easily done in January. Even finding one or two starting players in the winter will prove to be difficult with the Premier League/January tax.

Plus Sanllehi came out last transfer window and said if will not be our policy to get players in Januari. Unless we really don’t have any choice.

1 Like

Thing is people can throw out these time frames all they want.
Can turn in an instant on a few results. Likely mediocre finish now already. A bad showing in the Europa and clouds can gather quickly.
Back in August people said you had to give Emery the season with the new signings. Six games in and the reverse was being said.

1 Like

Eriksen walks into the first team and they’re actively trying to sign a new LWB to replace Biraghi/Asamoah.

On top of that they want to bring Vidal in to add quality and experience in the midfield.

They’re strengthening the first team and the bench.

The #Godteta hashtags seem to have dried up, I fear it’s the beginning of the end for him :-1:

1 Like

Good thing they didn’t spend £72m last summer on Pepe then

1 Like

Except for Eriksen it’s short term in the extreme, not quite comparable since they’re almost geared up to win now.

We can’t be doing business like that.

Vidal can give them 18 months, and whichever LWB they bring it will be a long term solution.

So they’re strengthening with experience and with younger talent.

It doesn’t even matter how they’re doing it - they’re doing it. These times we are shit and people are saying this window is irrelevant.

2 Likes

Except for Eriksen Inter is basically doing business that falls in the same category as signing Kurzawa. You’d really want us to do that?

Has Vidal been confirmerd?

It does matter though because it’s a team strengthening with multiple players over 30 two of whom are mediocre. Eriksen is a very good signing but how many like him are out there in terms of quality, experience and cost?

The signings you’ve mentioned are overall OK for a team looking to win right now which like I said makes it not comparable to our situation.

Vidal hasn’t even signed yet as well lol.

1 Like

Well then Mr Know it All
Where’s all your bullshit about Arteta now ?
One win out of five , what have you got to say now then ?