Super Mik Arteta

who is there to buy right now that is worth getting?

At the moment I still feel results are a secondary. It’s hard coming to a club in the middle of a season. And, like I said, I am seeing positives. Next season, though, I will be making no excuses if we continue to switch off and drop points in the same manner.

Arteta haters will be glad to know he has pissed me off by not playing Ceballos lately.

Don’t care what you think of him as a player, he was better than many of our options that were playing today.

He better feature in the next games.

4 Likes

He hasn’t played Ceballos at all if I’m not mistaken? Weird decision for a potential top player who could be easily available this summer so it’s not like investing time and energy in him wouldn’t be worth it.

2 Likes

Think the management has already made up their mind to not pursue purchasing Ceballos and hence Arteta is not investing much efforts in getting him ready

1 Like

Could be a logical explanation. It still feels a bit like he is doing himself short by not using him, as shit as Xhaka is, in that case two midfield players are priorities in the summer.

Well. That’s dumb.

2 Likes

Part of me hopes that, even if Arteta is looking at Arsenal as a stepping stone for potentially the Man City job in 2 to 3 years, then he is compelled to do well for himself.

If it’s a job to put on his CV, then he should be thinking

1. The board want me to get CL football but I want to break into the top 2 like Leicester have done on a shoestring budget
  2. The board don’t want me to buy any players and I’m being forced to sell cheap and play with what I’ve got. Fair enough, I’m going to discipline this lot and make The Emirates a fortress.

If he manages to do just these two things, he’ll have greater stock than Pocchettino/Mourinho/Ancelotti by the time he leaves here. He leaves us in a better position than when he started, he goes on to a “bigger” job. Everyone’s a winner.

Is he demigodteta already ?

1 Like

Is this not satisfactory for you?

Is Dani Ceballos still in your plans?

"Yes. Dani had an injury where he was out for almost two months and had to go to Madrid for his rehab. He came back and in the first few weeks I didn’t think that he was physically at the level to compete for starting games.

“It’s true that I have players in that position who have been performing really well, and last week when I believed that he was ready to step in, I decided to pick another player. But he’s been training good, I’m happy with him and I know him really well, so there’s no issues there.”

Not if they already have other targets and know they will get that business done :eyes:.

But this is Arsenal. That would be highly unlikely.

I think it goes without saying that he’s taking this job seriously. He doesn’t get the City job if he doesn’t that goes without saying.

I’m walking and typing so that goes without saying has been repeated and I don’t care. :innocent:

I have no problem with them having other targets and not wanting to pursue Ceballios but honestly why even loan him in the first place if you are going to act like this. Between him and Dennis Suarez what actually is the fucking point with this club.

Zero direction on and off the pitch.

9 Likes

I only meant the not playing him part. I don’t mind if we don’t sign him but he can still do something for us now.

2 Likes

I can tell you’re walking and typing.

It goes without, erm, typing :confused:

1 Like

I hope not, because they are the dumbest motherfuckers on the planet if they think this way. To not play a good player that could be the difference because he’s not going to be here for a while - dumb.
The player might be temporary, but the wins and points are permanent!

I don’t think they are that stupid.

I’d rather that the joke of him insulting Basques in training pissed Arteta off, causing this, was true instead of that^. More logic to that at least.

That was before today, where while at least he was on the bench but didn’t get a single minute either - while our midfield served up a whole lot of nothing creatively, and controlled nothing.

So at least he has managed to overtake Willock on the pecking order :arteta:

I hope he is played more often soon, because you’d think he is the perfect CM for Arteta’s system.

1 Like

Would like to think the club is above cutting off its nose to spite its face but you just can’t know.

That kind of reasoning for not playing Dani is beyond idiotic though, pure amateur hour.

I can’t imagine a scenario where Arteta says “I want to keep this guy and use some of summer funds to make it happen” and they deny him a priori… more likely Arteta isn’t yet sold yet, and as he said, he is coming back from injury, so maybe that is all there is to it.

It has been a mixed start to his tenure, results wise you’d have to say 6 points from the 5 fixtures is disappointing. The performances have been good in patches but we can never sustain it for any extended period.

I’ll be giving it 18 months before judging Arteta properly though, he has taken over a mess.

1 Like

Funny how you will give arteta 18 months but emery you didnt even give 18 days you were on him like stink on shit as soon as he was announced yeah he turned out crap but you werent willing to give him a chance

2 Likes