Like that time he got relegated?

2 Likes

To out perform Steve Bruce maybe

2 Likes

Impressive enough GD in that span also

Bruce had Willock tbf :kroenke:

1 Like
1 Like

Brighton have good players tbf. Seen plenty of people in the summer predicting them having a comfortable campaign and it’s been anything but that.

1 Like

:clown_face:

He has no shame.

7 Likes

If we’d got our act together, even a little bit, we’d have been in the top four discussion never mind Europe. These are the words of a man who can’t believe his luck that he’s still in a job.

12 Likes

I’d have thought we’d be in the Europa League final if that was the case.

3 Likes

If St Tottering arrives on Sunday I’ll go mad with joy. Fuck Europa the St Tottering day award is much better.

If this saint arrives I’ll stop being Arteta out please for at least a week.

2 Likes

7 Likes

I now trust the process.

2 Likes

Can I frame it this way - Losing points in 10 out of 23 games is unacceptable despite other teams being equally bad.

2 Likes

Odd period. Less than 2 points per game. Yeah hat amounts to 76 over 38. It’s good , but not great typically. Oh and there is the issue with the other games this season, including cups.

Good thing a Premier League season is played over the course of 23 league games.

Hey, maybe if we show them that table we’ll be given a pity CL spot.

4 Likes

Whilst obviously the whole season counts so sample sizes of 23 games don’t count for a great deal, but what I do find funny is how some posters are talking about Arteta dragging us into a relegation battle next season when the last 23 games has us going at nearly 2 points per game. That’s strange logic to me.

4 Likes

Who would have thought that an unconvincing win against West Brom and an undeserved win against Chelsea would have seen us challenging for a European Mickey Mouse competition after such a poor season?

He’s talking like he knows what he’s doing but really we’re still mid table.
Is there a “The nearly getting above mid table and scraping into the EL” trophy?
Arteta, the king of spin.

5 Likes

I agree.
These random groups of games can be spun to make the season look far better than it actually is.
It’s interesting they chose 23 games because the three games before that we only got one point and if you take the twelve games from when we played Wolves to the Newcastle game, we were averaging just over one point a game.

Probably the best way to do it is take the whole season and see where you finish.
Then look at how many games you lost, how many you won and the goals for and against, which means our season doesn’t look quite as attractive.
It’s sort of the best way to do it, unless the PL change the rules.

Who’s saying that?

What I’ve seen is that they are far from convinced we’ll amount to shit next season either which is a fair conclusion.

1 Like

So 2nd in the league since he got a somewhat competent squad to work with; Partey/ESR available to play and Ødegaard addition in January. Of course, 14th position after a third of the season was still a poor showing for a mid-table squad.

Not an outlandish prediction to shoot for 75 pts next season with some more necessary reinforcements; RB, RCB, Ødegaard/another AM/creator.

1 Like