Super Mik Arteta

Yeah. That’s a good point that’s overlooked. He is very self assured and that can’t be underestimated.

I also think that as a coach he always makes adjustments to his tactical approach based on what he has available. He also found ways to get older players like Barzagli and Mandzukic to adjust their role in the team for the benefit of the team. He got Barzagli to thrive in Europe at right back and somehow managed to get Mandzukic to be a competent left winger.

If you can get Barzagli, one of the best defenders of his generation, to convert to a right back at the tail end of his career and Mandzukic one of the more respected strikers in Europe also in his later 20s to convert to a left winger then that is a man who can clearly get older players to make necessary adjustments.

But those two above were born out of necessity to find a solution to problems the squad had due to poor squad management and transfer dealings. Aside from that his approach is simple - you play a player where he is likely to perform best and you approach a game without analysing every minute detail and telling players where to pass the ball

Is my memory correct that allegri was in charge when Ac milan lost a last 16 tie vs the worst Spurs 11 I’ve ever seen

Not a dig just trying to remember what he did before managing Juve.

1 Like

You know things are bad when I’d rather Graham Potter be our manager instead of Fraudteta

In a results business, nah. No way

1 Like

You remember it correct, 2011 0-1 on Aggregate loss to Spurs.

1 Like

Says the man who said he’d rather Neil Warnock manage us

1 Like

Graham Potter is what the idiots think Arteta is, a manager that’s somewhat solid defensively and creates a shit-ton of good quality chances only for his forward to let him down.

Not wanting him to manage Arsenal is fine but he’s better than the fraud.

5 Likes

He’s not the answer though.

1 Like

He’d be doing infinitely better with our squad than Arteta that’s for sure. I reckon if they swapped clubs Brighton would have scored about 10 goals this year :joy::joy:

1 Like

Warnock > Potter

:ozil:

1 Like

What has Potter achieved that’s greater than Warnock’s CV?

Last I checked they weren’t giving out trophies for xG

1 Like

Christ, don’t give them ideas.

2 Likes

Potters work with Ostersunds is huge achievement. And should not be dismissed.

His Ostersunds outplayed us under Wenger, his Brighton have had all 3 of our managers’ numbers repeatedly, they play good football.

I am impressed. More impressed than I have been with anything Warnock has done.

3 Likes

So is Warnock’s with Notts County :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Ah so he is the genius that preferred van Bommel over Pirlo, never put a name to face before

Are you actually being serious? Fucking hell

Pirlo at that time was had, basically went on strike tbf.

Awful attitude towards the end.

However you’re right, Allegri does have bad smalldick tendencies like the tactics against spurs in him.

It’s my one issue against him.

2 Likes

Maybe, maybe I’m just playing Devil’s advocate but there should be no justifiable interest for Potter when a number of other managers have done what he’s done in the Premiership.

1 Like

You could cherry pick any game of a managers career and pick holes on how they approached it. Conversely I could throw at you his performances in Europe vs. Peak Barcelona with some truly awful players at his disposal. I could throw at you his wins over giants like the BBC peaked Real Madrid and MSN at their peaks too.

The small dick tendency is just nonsense. Every coach has games he might choose to approach with more caution and get it wrong.

5 Likes