Super Mik Arteta

Same as the love of Arteta.

1 Like

The state of this idiot

:pepe1:

WE ARE TENTH

LACAZETTE HAS 10 GOALS.

DID THIS GUY EVER WATCH US WHEN WE WERE GOOD, DOES HE KNOW WHAT A GOOD TEAM LOOKS LIKE?!

4 Likes

Guy has so many excuses up his locker. Aww poor Arteta, only coach to go through the pandemic…

3 Likes

Guess the pandemic is a big advantage for teams like West Ham, Leicester, Villa, and Leeds. Can’t figure out the logic but if Arteta says so I guess he’s the football genius after all.

Despite our results, I’ve said it before, the pandemic helps us out alot. With fans our players play worse, they’re horrible under pressure, we had a few thousand fans during December and we got a red card and gave away a penalty and just generally choked on shit.

Considering our first half season run, the crowds would’ve been so fucking toxic by January. Luckily there wasn’t any so we could stabilise a bit.

2 Likes

No fans is an absolute blessing, Arteta would of been hounded out for that November-December period.

1 Like

We might not done as bad tho if we had the support of the fans.

You would hope so, but with some of the stuff I’ve been hearing to defend Arteta, I’m not so sure.

1 Like

When they start booing and chanting ‘Arteta Out’ you might change your mind Mikel

2 Likes

Won us two trophies
Anyone counting the Community Shield is desperate.

"Haven’t a normal season yet"
That’s true, because we’ve been nearer the relegation places than the top all season.

Without a proper pre-season, we had some instability,”
No club had a proper pre season, just get on with it.

"Has brought out the best in ESR, Saka and Pepe"
Really, I thought it was because it was forced on Arteta, rather than him being a genius.

Our defence has tightened up.”
If you mean in the game against the most attacking team in Europe the giants of Sheffield United, then yes, we were ok defensively.

KT is firing
From the physio’s table.
But, even if he was, what’s it got to do with his management skills?

Call me nuts but I call this progress
You’re nuts.

Arteta: “People will judge what we do today but lots of elements are contributing. I haven’t had a normal season yet. Without a proper pre-season, we had some instability, and [we need] our fans back in the stadium… I cannot wait for that.”

Arteta seems to forget that all the things he says about not having a normal season haven’t just happened to us, it’s happened to every club.

As for wanting supporters back in the stadium, the only reason he’s still; in a job is because there aren’t any.

8 Likes

He’s in for a shock

2 Likes

Yeah. The Emirates has been a toxic place in the last couple Wenger years and the latter Emery days. It won’t be any better for Arteta with support split the way that it is.

3 Likes

This is why our next manager has to be someone like Allegri. It needs to command a degree of respect and above all else it needs someone with a presence and big personality.

6 Likes

Need a captain to steer the ship through the rising tides.

2 Likes

Yeah that’s why I’m hesitant to take the leap and give the jump to someone who has no experiencing working under intense pressure at a high level and managing big personalities.

That’s why some managers are perfect for big clubs and some aren’t suited to them. You have to command a totally different level of respect to get established international and high paid players to buy into you and your ideas.

2 Likes

I assume his English is pretty good now too

1 Like

One aspect that’s neglected about Allegri was that he wasn’t even originally welcome at Juventus since he was managing Milan and replacing a legend in Antonio Conte, yet had no issues taking command of a big club and got the respect of the fans. That sort of leadership and experience this club really needs.

3 Likes

That is a good point tbf to him, a big deal.

Juve fans hated the appointment initially, the nincompoops.

But there was deffo a section of fans that never warmed to him. But again, that’s on them and not an indictment on him.

2 Likes