Super Mik Arteta

He lost his way after Heat

(Brilliant film is Tombstone btw. Kevin Costner made one telling the same story in the same year, spending millions more, and it flopped)

2 Likes

Where is Ben Affleck on the list?

Yeh Val Kilmer made some questionable life/career choices but at his peak he was a proper talent.

Batlfeck probably fourth.

Keaten
West
Bale
Batfleck

1 Like

Yeah Batfleck grew on me. I liked the dark, introspective Bruce Wayne he became. He had one of those faces of someone with inflammatory bowel disease who was always wondering where the nearest toilet was.

Played it perfectly.

I think Arteta’s age is what saves him, all of his shortcomings get explained away by them betting on him coming good in the future. This argument ran out of legs long ago for me cause I don’t care how young a manager is, he’s had time enough to get a grip on it and should be doing a lot better than this.

5 Likes

When he came in he talked a good story about insisting on 100 percent effort and that anything else was non-negotiable

Recent form has us getting 5 points in the last 5 games - near relegation form with performances that show no fighting spirit at all. I don’t see these players dieing for the shirt which they should do given their huge wages.

Too many shit players getting picked too. Never want to see Eddie again. Leno been atrocious and should’ve been dropped months ago. Willian the back pass strolling around guy. It’s just horror, horror, horror.

Arteta clearly doesn’t have the man management skills or brains to deal with this mess. The performance from too many players is disgusting and he fails to deal with them.

I think any manager will struggle to get consistent good performances from these shitters but what’s increasingly clear is that Arteta needs to go and isn’t worth backing in the Summer after this late season collapse and horrible finish to our season where we have gone into reverse again.

Arteta out please.

Kroenke out too please. Twiddling thumbs while the City burns once more.

5 Likes

Unfair dismissal???
Being a dreadful manager, when that is the job, can hardly be classed as unfair!
We should do him under the trades description act, if he reckons he’s a manager?

3 Likes

Unfair dismissal lol?

1 Like

We’ve got Batman in goal
He flaps at everything

1 Like

It’s worse when you’re playing Scousers. Robin bastards

3 Likes

Hello guys my name is Lord and im Arteta IN. Thats it. Have a nice day folks.

1 Like

Why? Just try to explain, why you want to keep a manager, who is without a doubt, the worst we have ever had… We are MID TABLE.
What on earth makes you want to keep this feckin idiot, in charge of our club?

2 Likes

Too many respected people have praised him for him to not be at least half decent. There have been plenty of signs that he’s got something. And we’ve been screwed over in so many games as well, things beyond his control. Not to mention, he hasn’t really had a proper run in normal conditions.

1 Like

But he has showed us absolutely feck all, no decent styles, no attacking intent, no defensive expertise, nothing!
Luckily for him, it’s not normal conditions, as he would have been booed out of the Emirates by now!

2 Likes

Arteta has had the same conditions as all the other coaches and they’re are doing far better than we are.

The notion that he has something because he’s been backed by others doesn’t hold much weight because there’s countless times when those in the game despite playing it for most of their lives are actually clueless.

2 Likes

Not really. Every club is different. And other managers didn’t start at the same time as he did either. Hence more settled squads etc.

And barring a couple of games, we haven’t really been bad in 2021.

He’s been here almost two years and backed by the club.

We shouldn’t be talking about settled sqauads anymore, haven’t been so bad in 2021 and yet we’ll most likely be 10th in the table by tomorrow.

2 Likes

I think to an extent you have to start looking at the results as being a key indicator of our position. The performances are dour but the results are unforgivable. We’ve got 5 points from our last 5 games. We went on a mid season run where results picked up but since then we’ve gone 4 wins, 5 losses and 4 draws. That’s a terrible 13 game run.

The beginning of the season was relegation form, then we hit a decent run of top 6-8 in terms of results and now we’re back to low table form.

Sometimes I see small signs and I want him to work. Other times, I just know it’s never going to work.

3 Likes

Val Kilmer is having a cameo in TG2, anyone know if his voice is back to normal then? As it was damaged quite severely due to his cancer and it’s treatments.

EDIT:

I’d guess not, then… Shame.

In 2020, Kilmer reported that he had been cancer-free for four years and that he uses a feeding tube to feed himself because he can no longer eat.[74]

2 Likes

I think it will take fans to be in the stadium again to inspire any thought from boardroom level to contemplate the sacking of Mikel Arteta.

The way this club has trundled along all these years with everyone high up, happy to keep on, keeping on until there is some prickliness from the fan’s behalf gives me absolutely no confidence that they get rid of him this summer.

They’ll keep him for next season and when the ire from the fan’s is heard, we’ll be midtable at Christmas and looking to bring Mertesacker into weather the storm for a period, keeping the seat warm for God knows who else they think is a viable replacement.

Zero faith in the board to do what matters after the ESL debacle.

2 Likes