Super Mik Arteta

1 Like

I think that’s a slightly harsh view of him as a player to be fair. He came into a side that had lost Cesc and Nasri and did a pretty good job particularly in the first two seasons of holding it together. I think he’s another case of a midfield player who Wenger never properly supported with the right partner next to him. A more physical and combative DM next to Arteta would have made for a good partnership I think but Arteta was asked to be that guy and that just wasn’t his game.

When I think of Arteta the player, I remember Fergie marking him out of the game with Rooney.

He was okay and stable but he was a level below the midfielders before him.

1 Like

All I know is, I would rather have him as a player, than as a manager…But that’s not really saying a lot!

Even if you don’t look at the horror show that is the league table (12 defeats and 1.3 goals scored per game, fuck me) you need only look at the manner of the performances across the season.

Wildly inconsistent from week to week, not being able to maximise the ability of our best player, strange and ineffectual team selections / formations, horribly drab attacking displays that rear their head at literally any time…

I do think there is a very good manager in there, but he’s a rookie who is making all these mistakes at a critical phase in Arsenal FC’s rebuild. If we fuck up the next 18 months, we solidify ourselves as a proper mid-table club. Then we’re truly fucked. If we have no Europe next season, the decline is complete as far as I’m concerned.

From occasional title challenges, to stable top 4 finishes, to season long top 4 battles, to falling out of the top 4, to EL mediocrity, to then scraping EL qualification…we’re at the stage where we are likely to finish outside of Europe altogether. Where and how do we go from there? Becomes massively difficult to attract top players and this league is so competitive now all the way up to 10th place.

If we don’t win the EL, we have no choice but to sack Arteta and bring in a manager who has the credentials and vision to haul us back into the top end of the league again.

4 Likes

Forget about Pool, City, United, Pool, even Leicester…

West Ham 10 points ahead of us.
Everton, 5 points ahead with a game less
Villa, 2 points ahead with a game less
We have a tie with Leeds with better goal difference, but they won one more game than us.

4 points ahead of Crystal Palace, and 6 points ahead of Southampton.

We are already mid-table team.
Mid-table means, zero chance to challenge the league, and needs some luck, a run of wins to get EL qualifications. May win some odd games against superior teams but inconsistent to predict anything.

1 Like

Bro, play Martinelli, I beg.

3 Likes

Sadly agreed. Its the inconsistency that kills me. I honestly felt like that Spurs match was one of the best I’ve seen us play in years in terms of just overall control against a pretty good opponent (at least until the last 15 minutes). But then we follow it up by taking a complete shit all over the pitch in the first half against West Ham, then we play brilliantly in the second half, then we take an even bigger shit on the pitch against Liverpool, now this turgid display.

You can’t have a system that completely falls apart unless you have your best 11 on the field, and everybody has woken up on the right side of the bed, and the opponent not doing something expected, etc etc.

2 Likes

Ole miles ahead of this bum. Always has been.

3 Likes

Counting down the days still Lacazette gets this horrible dumb cunt the sack like everyone else.

Fucking dumb bastard

4 Likes

I know right. This is such a dead season full of dead football, can we at least get some of the Brazilian we all actually like.

2 Likes

I assume he will be angry again tonight. Then change absolutely fucking nothing.

10 Likes

Got it so so wrong again.
Take it to the chin at least.

Deserves more toxicity than Wenger and Emery ever did

2 Likes

Bore them to death with our old and fat players, then blow them away with the pace of our good players?

Arteta masterclass.

1 Like

We all could have done the right sensible decision ffs.

2 Likes

tbf auba has looked clownish too these last few games so no one really is proving to be trustworthy

1 Like

On the wing!

Where’s that defensive solidity we were all cumming over now?

This bum has nothing, and is just a smalldicking bum.

4 Likes

If our 300m starting lineup couldn’t get it done, I had faith our 150m of the bench would be able to slay the might Slavia fuckin Prague :joy::joy:

1 Like