Super Mik Arteta

This year is a write off. As long as he can keep us up I’m happy. Any frustration should be directed at the board.

3 Likes

This is certainly a bold and risky appointment, but so exciting because who knows where the limit is for him?

I’m sure he’ll get more time if things aren’t going great at the start; he’ll have a lot of good will because everyone knows how terrible a spot we’re in. Maybe it will also help him that he essentially has a free half season to assess the squad before the summer.

Don’t wanna spoil this… but remember… he had quite a number of sideway passes with us. That 91.5% was a bit buffed by that :rofl:

Anyway, I am happy that he is back.
He certainly looks smarter than Emery.

He milked her before?? :poldi:

We really need a out of the box and unique solution to our defense as it exists now. I hope someone is coming in on staff to work that out. And hopefully Arteta has learned that you need a horse in the Xhaka spot not a donkey.

3 Likes

Not her.

The udder one.

9 Likes
7 Likes

I expect a positive, up to date training strategy to address our problems off the ball and a sustainable approach to squad management.

He’s been an understudy to bonafide legends for several years and will have great insight into what makes a competitive setup in this era.

He’ll take so much inspiration into this job but he’ll also be learning a great deal on the job too. Nothing will come easy for him here but I seriously think he’s the right profile at this moment in time.

It’s a long term project and with the squad he’s inheriting he will need ample time. That defence and midfield is so broken it will be hard to get them all working coherently and confidently as a unit.

We should hopefully see some of his principles come to the fore in his first five games.

Very optimistic for the summer.

4 Likes

Bitter sweet for me. It does seem like the club is taking the easy way out again. Mikel is a mystery box, but he’s highly rated so he may just get it right. However the club have either not even tried or completely failed in their recruitment of the biggest names in the sport, who we know would improve the product immediately and get us exciting again as a football team, basically overnight.

This is the best we could probably hope for considering the incompetence of our management, but as Arsenal Football Club we really should be offering Poch, and Allegri, a top pay package, along with a convincing them of a long term plan we have of returning to the top echelon of world football. We clearly aren’t organized enough to do that though apparently so yeh, Arteta is our only hope then I guess.

2 Likes

The easy way out…really hiring an unknown is far from the easy way out it is a massive risk for the club but obviously the people on the board and raul etc see a lot in him he was nearly got instead of emery to start with so they must see something in him!

2 Likes

You are such an Arsenal shill.

1 Like

I expect this to end in tears. But really hope I’m wrong and Arteta turns this club around and becomes a legend. But I’m just not feeling it.

2 Likes
1 Like

We are one of the biggest most successful clubs in England with millions of supporters all over the world, with a way bigger history than Man City and Arteta has never been a manager.

So yes, we are good enough for him, or any other manager.

1 Like

I don’t mean are we good enough as in big enough. Obviously we’re a big club. I meant are we good enough as in are we a good enough prospect for him. Our club is a mess at the moment. It’s a massive task for any manager coming in, let alone one in his first managerial position.

3 Likes

The fact the board see something in him is the most worrying thing because it’s the same board that saw something in Emery.

2 Likes

Can’t step backwards from nowhere.

Sherwood got the Villa job based on his average few months at Spurs, so I think this is only a benefit to his career.

I think underperforming at Arsenal would still (stupidly) make him more appealing to someone lower in the table than if he was unproven as a City assistant. I bet these clubs know absolutely nothing about him right now.

This is a win/win for him I think.

2 Likes

Yeah I remember a certain Denilson that had 73/73 passes in one game…

2 Likes

Not aged a fucking day, KING

That’s fair enough.
In some ways it’s less of a risk coming here than taking over at a club like Man City because we are in such a state.

If he wins a few of his next games he will have already turned this mess round and if he gets us a top six place he will at least have done what he was expected to.

He knows we are in turmoil and have been in transition since we moved to the Emirates so the pressure on him is not as great as if he took over a successful team.

He is also young and inexperienced so, again, the expectations are low from the supporters, which means he will be given more time and leeway than possibly a top quality, proven manager, who be expected to perform straight away.

It’s a clever ploy by the board to, not only get someone cheap, but to get someone in who the supporters already know as a player and who will give more time to adjust to the job.

1 Like

Say what you want, this is not the ‘easy way out’ lol

It’s a big risk.

The easy decision would have been to hire Ancelotti, like it was to hire Emery in 2018.

Safe choices. Fair play to the current board for taking this decision tbh

More cojones than the Puel loving eunuch that’s in Milan now.

4 Likes