Super Mik Arteta

Sack, give it till Wenger until the end of the season. Plan the next manager, Alegri or Nagelsmann

2 Likes

Yep, not bothered about the games anymore while he’s in charge. I’m pretty relaxed now.

The better a striker you are, the more likely it is that you’ll be played LW by this ‘genius’.

He’d have had Alan shearer tracking fullbacks

1 Like

Arteta masterclass! Mi manager :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I still have faith in Arteta, he has a long term strategy with this team.

His first objective was to fix the defence, then sort out our spine. So far this has been encouraging on the whole and Gabriel, Partey (his main big signings so far) have slotted in very well.

The midfield and attack haven’t been pretty and the longer we go without expansive chemistry, the more our underlying stats and performances suffer in the short term, but I remain patient. These will also be fixed in time.

Patience is at a premium with our fanbase but he’s been here less than a year with alot of good results and I’m seeing Arteta out.

Going to take a long break from reading this thread until our team starts smashing others by 4 or 5 goals because that is the only thing which will change the mood in here.

3 Likes

Feels like whenever we win the narrative is performance is shit but at least we got the 3 points, that’s all good here and there but that isn’t going to carry us throughout a campaign.

There are worrying signs here, doesn’t seem Pep-lite and is too safe and reactive.

Hoping for change but not sold on him at all.

4 Likes

Stop gap manager until we can get Allegri

1 Like

Feck me… i’m not an Arteta fan, but please…god no…

Every time Auba plays central, even for like 5 minutes, we are transformed as a side.

Yet this dumbass thinks he’s doing something. Arteta makes me miss Emery these days.

No way the board see him as stop gap manager. Barring a complete multi-game collapse he’s here to stay for at least 3 seasons, even if the outcomes are mediocre.

2 Likes

He’s got time because teams are finding themselves after no pre season and everyone of them has issues right now.
Performances need to improve and feel they will. How substantially im not sure.
Defensively we are as good as most. Never thought id post that on here.
Needs to find his best side and will have to get more offensive. At the very least we need to control a game.
Definitely not panicking yet though and there are signs of a different culture around the club but with a long way to go.

2 Likes

OK now comments like this upset me and I know I shouldn’t care that much as everyone is entitled to their opinion/reaction.

He is still the promising young coach that had alot of fans excited a few months ago.

He is learning on the job and yes that’s not his fault, but we have to absorb the good and whatever bad there is.

I’m convinced alot of people giving him a hard time will back off in about a year or 2 from now, after some more transfer windows and after Mikel has ironed out some of his tinkering/hesitation.

He is the long term future of this club, not a stop gap. I will concede defeat if we have not made big strides 2 years from now. I can criticise too, but my backing is not in doubt.

1 Like

I’m no where close to missing Emery, conceding 20+ shots a game was some of the most putrid shite I’ve seen.

Arteta just needs to simplify things and not over-complicate it. If you wanna use pace, make use of it with some direct football, if you wanna dominate the midfield, bin this awful shape and put 3 midfielders on the pitch. Keep strikers central too please.

I do feel we’ll need a result against Leicester mind. The performances are not great, but you can buy time if you get the results. But when the results stop coming is when shit hits the fan.

3 Likes

the sample is getting bigger and the level of investment/talent is higher, there are no excuses any more

7 Likes

Defining season for him I think, it’s not panic stations or anything but he’s under the lights.

2 Likes

Arsenal won tonight. Jesus even Prime Fergie and Pep have had mediocre games.

3 Likes

Nothing wrong with mediocre games and grinding out results from time to time, the concern is that this is pretty much the only way we win.

It’s still early in his tenure but we’ll need to improve substantially as the season progresses or forget top 4 or maybe even top 6.

2 Likes

Apart from whatever you think about current performances. The notion that he was a coach using his style of play, because he was 3.5 years his assistant, was farfetched. Not sure where or who started that? Nobody knew what he would become as coach.

2 Likes

It’s actually the thing too a degree that wins me over in a way.

Absolute shit football against opponents that should be way beneath us.

We need to plan for the next transition, IMO