Super Mik Arteta

I was never any good at faking it. :pensive:

2 Likes

That’s what I took from it as well, which is why I’m honestly excited.

The video of him coaching in Wales was also an example of him explaining positional play concepts.

1 Like

As long as he doesn’t go Andre Villa Boas about ‘players should come hug the coach’ to get fans excited; I am okay with dumbing down.

8 Likes

I voted 6. I am confident he has good ideas in regards to football, but getting all factions to pull on the same rope at Arsenal is a massive job.

5 Likes

That was quite a revealing training session, apart from the bit where they randomly started trying to head footballs into a bin

2 Likes

Honestly I love that we’re going back to basics for now. Don’t have time for implementing a brand new style on day 1.

How many times have e seen our players pass right into a guy who’s surrounded by oppo players? While there is a guy in acres elsewhere? too many times.

How many times have we seen some horrible first touches?

How many times have we seen somebody dwell waaayyyy too long on the ball, and the opportunity for a quick move or counter to exploit a gap is finished as the oppo defence reorganises itself?

How many times have we seen us look so uncomfortable and so unlike a Wenger side in buildup? We used to ping the ball around effortlessly, even 5 years ago. But now we make that look like the hardest thing in the world.

So I welcome this.

2 Likes

That’s straight from the City training. You see similar sessions in the All or Nothing series.

1 Like

The American guy as well, who he? Where’d he appear from?

Is it…is it @BigWeng_4LYFE ? :grimacing:

4 Likes

“Always look for the free player
we attract the opponent, when we attract the opponent, we play to the other side”

Pepe to produce a 10/10 performance against Bournemouth

3 Likes

From age of 4 perhaps “penetrate, pull, pass”

It’s Shad Forsythe.

He’s only been at the club for 5 years :smiley:

Ooooh, didn’t he do well?

He could write a book about it.

1 Like

Arteta’s resident Goebbels checking in with some more propaganda:

1 Like

we’re playing Cruyffball next week, it’s confirmed.

3 Likes

I really want to get excited right now but everything that impresses me thus far reminds me of this same period during Unai’s initial days at Arsenal.

I especially remember myself and others getting hyped after Unai’s first presser because he was saying all the right things. All that shit about how we need to be protagonists etc :joy:

6 Likes

Man reading these articles :giroud2:

Arteta has been on a sharp learning curve since joining City’s coaching team in July 2016, immediately after retiring as a player. “From the start I was absolutely fascinated by Pep’s work ethic, by his ability to transmit his ideas to the players and convince them that they’re going to work. It’s incredible to see how he simplifies even the most complicated things so that they appear straightforward and easy. It’s very difficult to reach footballers like that.

“The very first day Pep took training, he got the whole squad out on the pitch and told them: ‘Manchester City does this when we have the ball and we do that when we don’t have it.’ And all of them understood exactly how we were going to play. It was non-negotiable. That talk lasted 15 minutes, but in those 15 minutes City was born. Everyone knew what would be asked of them from then on.

“He explained that sometimes we would adapt our game: ‘There’ll be alterations here and there depending on how our opponents attack and defend but basically our football will be exactly as I’ve just said.’

Similar to what was hopefully done today.

1 Like

All about what I’ll see on the pitch for me, we’ll see if all these words hold weight.

6 Likes