Super Mik Arteta

Disgraceful from Arteta. He’s proven every critic around his game approach and mentality absolutely bang on. Disgustingly poor game management. I have lost all faith in him after these league performances tbh. He’s taken us as far as he can IMHO. Short term effect of taking us to an FA Cup and setting us up with a decent defence going forward is done. Got us Partey, got Auba to sign… that’s as far as it’ll go. He has nothing more to give if what we just saw is his standard. SHOCKING. I can’t see us making top four with him.

1 Like

Arteta’s tactics don’t make sense at the moment - hoping he plays Partey more in the 10 mins he was on the pitch he seemed dangerous

First time since Wenger left I wouldn’t mind to have him back on the bench again.

So are you gonna change your username? lol

1 Like

This aged well. It was pretty boring and all Pep had to do was match formation and cancel Auba by playing Walker at CB.

No plan B is worrying.

Nope. His poor tactics will give me plenty to talk about!

1 Like

I really didn’t understand the tactics. Haven’t played well since Fulham. Overall we do have a better shape and are more disciplined, most of the time, but we are really lacking in attack.

Hope we see something different next match with Partey starting.

1 Like

The Good

They didn’t find much of an opportunity other than the goal chance when we were out of position. The defensive shape is massively better.

The Bad

We needed a better reaction after conceeding, we needed a plan B and it wasn’t there. Our attack doesn’t have any cohesion whatsoever. Saka is the only player we have who can give and go.

5 Likes

He’s talks a very good game I’ll give him that

I think one thing I want to “forgive” Arteta on is not playing Partey.

A number of managers do that. Treat new players with kid gloves. We could have been playing Fulham at home and I still think he would have done the same, winning or losing. Give a run out on the 80th min.

However, we’ve got to stop playing a game like we’re 1-0 up. Pedestrian shit through the remaining 90 mins. We’re 1-0 down FFS.

Just when we thought we’d turned a corner against attack minded teams like Liverpool and Man City, we lose to both.

The only way Arteta turns this around is to really turn over teams at home. Games we’re expected to win. Not laboured shit like we saw against West Ham and Sheff Utd

1 Like

Still feel this way.

1 Like

If so then he needs to go.

Simple as.

The quality of football has to evolve, seems like Arteta is lacking in ideas/innovation.

He has more than enough pieces to go toe to toe with any of the big 6 teams.

0/2 so far this season and City/Liverpool didn’t look good!

3 Likes

Not sure why playing the squad in their actual potions is such a foreign concept to him.

It’s becoming nauseating to watch.

Our attack just feels so disconnected it’s painful to watch along with all those boring backward passes.

At least he has kinda sorted our defensive problems. I think we’ll get there, just need faith & some more patience.

Kinda funny people on here calling for him to get sacked already. Judge him at the end of the season please.

Edit: Fully agree to the criticism about playing players out of their position though. This needs to be sorted asap.

4 Likes

Don’t want him sacked but do I think he’ll manage us to top four and get the best out of us in the league? What we’ve seen so far is very worrying for those ambitions. How can he show such a bad City side that much respect? We’re playing like a team with no ideas and a team comfortable with 8th. Very sad tbh.

Yeah this is a little silly.

He’s bought himself at least a whole season just by winning the Cup last season.

I suppose a more pertinent question would be, would we still be willing to persist with Arteta should he fail to break into the top 4 at the end of this season?

3 Likes

Tbh when he took over, the state of the club & moral were in shambles (thank you Unai). So far I think he hasn’t done too bad given the mess we were in.

Agreed with this 100%. That’s why he will get the full season no matter what happens. Done as well as he could possibly do for me in winning an FA Cup. But signs aren’t looking good moving forward.

I don’t think anyone genuinely wants him fired right now. He should get the whole season. I think given the money the club used to get Partey he should be told that it’s 6th or higher as a minimum. I’d say top 4 as a minimum but we didn’t do quite enough on the creative front.

He is making a huge rod (lol) for his own back by putzing around with this system. Going from Lacazette up front to Willian and Pepe floating as false 9s is getting old. Aubameyang was nowhere to be seen today and if Arteta is as smart as we’re constantly told he is, our set up should be better than Respectball. We couldn’t even low block and counter well today, just low block. It was really poor from him and he should be under pressure to deliver. He is really lucky there are no fans in the stadiums right now.