Super Mik Arteta

God :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Auba on the wing, 5/3 at the back at home. Playing Xhaka at all. We aren’t doing anything in the league while this shit keeps on keeping on.

6 Likes

His post match interview was as expected, he’s delighted with the win but was aware of all the issues on show, which reminded him of when we beat West Ham 1-0 last season (similar type of frustrations).

We can play better and he knows this, but the hot & cold nature of the team will show itself over the course of a season unless we continue to strengthen with some key additions.

4 Likes

Support him in the market KSE, give him a couple of quality signings and a chance to make top 4.

5 Likes

I think that’s harsh, I think we get 6th or 7th and win a cup. I think this side is more build for cup runs then top 4 challenges.

I think even with those two big signings, I’m still not 100% we’ll get top 4 but I could see us winning the Europa League.

1 Like
2 Likes

Struggles today have nothing to do with adding talent. We made West Ham look good in large spells at Home, there was enough talent in the side to batter them today.

Coaching/Tactics have to improve

6 Likes

Arteta has improved this team ten fold already. And will continue to do so.

8 Likes

I have to completely disagree with this. Coaching does nothing for the fact that Xhaka isn’t comfortable playing the ball forward, or that Laca runs out of puff 30 minutes into a game. Or that Kola, Bellerin, Laca and even Xhaka aren’t particularly good passers of the ball under pressure.

The reason we have seen this brand of football under 3/4 different managers is due to the fact the majority of the players are the same during said tenure and the majority of these players simply aren’t good enough.

4 Likes

Whatever Arteta does, don’t hug Moyes after the game.

That’s how coronavirus started in England in March

He picks the team

1 Like

Which he inherited? He’s always going to do the best he can on any given day, today is not all on him when our players are giving the ball away for fun.

3 Likes

Arteta himself seemingly rates Laca, Hector and Xhaka. These guys are pretty much starters under him and no attempts have been made to shop or replace them?

6 Likes

I agree we just don’t have quality in depth for him to do what he wants. I know we are not city or Chelsea or even United. But KSE need to back him financially, selling before we buy isn’t going to work with a team that is this unbalanced and lacks so much quality.

If we want to get back to the top then this season we’re going to have to go into the red, get the players in so we can have a large enough squad to cover injuries and have options to change it up.

1 Like

We can’t know that until the window ends and even then it’s doesn’t paint the entire story as the board might not give him the funds to replace.

But the links to Partey and Aouar lead me to believe he’s looking to drastically reform they midfield. Laca also looks sellable should a decent offer come in.

1 Like

Let’s be real, the ceiling of this side starts and ends with Xhaka. We know Arteta killed his January 2020 transfer out and he’s been a first name on the team sheet ever since. It’s clear Arteta rates him highly and isn’t looking to bench him. The capability of the side will always been held back with him in the 11

I don’t think the chase for Partey is real and I don’t think the issue with Aouar is necessarily down to money.

2 Likes

Allowed way more shots and were extremely lucky to come away with all 3 points West Ham absolutely fluffed some sitters. We are winning right now based upon talent not what we are going on the pitch tho. Still not a believer in Arteta because he brings this on himself by continually putting a minus player on the pitch in a very important position.

3 Likes

How would you say we should set up, based on what we have now?

1 Like

His 5 second segment on MOTD has turned me on. I’ve always been team Arteta. But now, I actually fancy him. He is hotter than I realised.

He’s always been hot as fuck. Unlike Hector who looks like he’s got some alcoholic fetal syndrome thing going on with his giant squinty head.

5 Likes