Super Mik Arteta

RIP your doggo.

1 Like

Good. Make these cunts work for their salaries. Lazy fucks think they can get away with their shit attitude.

I am liking what I see / hear so far from Arteta.

Put everyone in their place. I don’t care how much they earn or how good they are.

Gotta sweep this place clean.

2 Likes

I’ve seen top coaches doing the same thing so he must be good. :grinning:

5 Likes

Emery was very pointy and shouty too

But his hair game was lacking :smiley:

1 Like

“so… you guys are telling me, you haven’t heard the word ‘defending’ before?”

6 Likes
2 Likes

Man’s a genius!

2 Likes

Just watched that amazon series on City (late I know).

But wow, Arteta would’ve learned a lot from Pep. Super animated in training and dressing room.

I’ve not watched it yet, because I heard it’s a bit tame and basically an advert for City rather than any true insight.

But I was thinking of doing it to see our boi Mikel. Is it worth a watch?

Still pissed they didn’t try for Poch. Especially seeing today’s results, and our rivals dropping points again. Having said that, now he’s (Arteta) the Arsenal manager I will be supporting him hundred percent like everyone else.

Really hope he can turn our fortunes around if nothing just get the lads confidence back up, because I still don’t think this season is a write off. Way more points will be dropped by all of our top four rivals, and with the right combination of luck and performances we can maybe nick the EL. Personally a big believer in if you visualise it, it can happen. So nothing but positive vibes from me.

COYFG

3 Likes

It’s brilliant. One of the best out there. If there’s anything bad, it’s that it climaxes halfway there because City was so dominant that season.
If we are talking about adverts then look no further than that Juve doc. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah I’ve seen both. Juventus one is more propaganda.

City one sure isn’t to me.

1 Like

The All Blacks one is pretty good.

2 Likes

All Blacks one is superb. Don’t think there’s enough exploring by football coaching into other sports.
Quite common for other sports to tap into different approaches from other sports. Missing a trick at times

4 Likes

Creampie after creampie after creampie. We got our Arsenal back !

1 Like

I’m so intrigued as to how the players will respond to his coaching methods and his style of communication. I’m sure there has been a lot of kicks up backsides already.

I’m fairly confident that the younger players will buy into his philosophy. Martinelli, Saka, Nelson, Guendouzi, Torreira etc. That’s where a lot of my optimism and hope is coming from. Guendouzi with a bit more positional awareness could be a real force in midfield, for example.

But I feel like some of the older players won’t like the comments about attitudes and energy at the club being wrong. Could easily be the case that Aubamayang, Lacazette, Luiz etc. just switch off.

Ultimately, we have now committed to a 2-3 year project with Mikel. If the big names don’t like the new environment, then it will be best for the club to ship them out. If Auba is one of them, who is probably the only experienced player who I would really want to keep, even he is not bigger than the manager. The whole squad needs to be pulling in exactly the same direction. The toxic cunts in the squad need throwing out, whoever they might be.

I think we will be in for a very, very interesting January transfer window. If players leave then it’s all going towards the rebuilding pot. I’m also so intrigued as to the profile of player we sign in the summer.

8 Likes

I haven’t got anything against Auba at present and don’t put him the toxic fuck off territory, at least not yet.

He’s a top class forward and one of the best in Europe and arguably our best player. We should try hard to persuade him Arsenal has a good future so he wants to stay. Losing our best players (I never really rated Ozil as our best by the way and thought him frustrating even before the slump in his form) will only cause more decline.

Understandable that Aubas ambitious to compete for and win top silverware as he heads into the twilight of his career. Looking at the gibberish coming out of Emery and a Board that invests most it’s limited transfer pot on a winger when it’s the centre defence and midfield bleeding to death and needing that money invested instead would make any top player question why he’s at the club. Then you’ve also got your top paid squad member who doesn’t even work hard enough to merit a place on the subs bench from one week to the next to pour oil on that fire.

I don’t know if Arteta can turn it around with Auba - I hope he can. I think Auba will buy into sense and good management, let’s hope Arteta can bring that back to the club in a hurry.

2 Likes

I agree.
It’s clear we’ve got Arteta for the long term and there will be a massive overhaul of the players and the club which means, since we moved to the Emirates, we’re in the longest transition any football club has ever had.

I’m not convinced he is the right man for the job but at least he knows his stuff and is a very good coach but being a coach alongside the best manager in Europe is a lot different than being the main man.

The pressure is way higher, and dealing with players problems and egos on the pitch is totally different to dealing with them off it.

Having never been in the media spotlight and never coaching and going to a team like us, with very few quality players, and in the worst form they have been in, is a far cry from being at Man City and everything they had to offer.

As for the January window. I think Arteta will want to assess what he has for a bit longer before clearing out any players, unless a deal has already been made for dross like Xhaka.
We certainly won’t be spending big in this window, no matter how desperate we are.

4 Likes

I don’t think we should worry about Arteta being backed.

Emery was backed pretty well.

10 Likes