Super Mik Arteta

Georgie Graham needs a statue outside the Emirates.

He also needs a statue outside the Toilet Bowl stadium, too, seeing as he’s only one of like 4 managers to win them a trophy.

1 Like

Feel quite happy about Arteta right now

1 Like

Yeah still a long way to go but he has made us harder to beat, 3 losses in 15 games in the league, 7 clean sheets in those 15 games conceding 14 goals which is just under a goal a game.

For me the big disappointment of his reign so far was the EL exit at home to a team we should never be losing at home against.

4 Likes

I’m still not happy with the way we are playing but the true test is gonna be how we do next year not this year. We all know this is a throw away season. Even tho we won it still wasn’t enjoyable watching another team dominate our midfield.

2 Likes

I can see why you say that although this was a lot better from us against a good team we’d usually lose to. We closed them down so well and were really defensively organised hunting them down in packs so they only got one shot on target.

We also had a bit of class on our two goals. Even Lacazette looked good on his goal.

It reminded me a bit of George Graham days and we haven’t been this defensively organised for many years now.

I’m feeling good we didn’t get mugged off by taking Mourinho like the Scum did in a panic big name move while we took Arteta who’s body of work is starting to show through now.

It’s still early days but a continuation of this last 4 matches against Leicester, Scum and Liverpool will seal the deal for me. If he persuades Auba to sign an extension all the more so.

2 Likes

We pass side ways for 5 mins then attempt a foolish or a risky pass which doesnt come off 95% of time and we loose possesion. There is zero buildup and creativity.

We are shit in getting goals. Defensively we looked like a unit but we sat back like a pussy yesterday. Now i hate that coz it was Wolves not a fucking Barcelona here.

Saka n Tierney have progressed very well.

Will Auba stay if we play like this? Absolutely not sir. Loved his commitment yesterday.

At the moment, we don’t have the ability to batter teams for 95 minutes. If you are not able to do that you have to be very able to compete and be a team. A team means that the 11 who started and all of the subs really make a difference in the game.

– Arteta

8 Likes

People like BigWeng_4LYFE expect that Arteta would have rebuild Arsenal from Emery’ Arsenal to Guardiola’s Barcelona in 30 games.

1 Like

Really growing on me now you know. I’m totally on board with giving him until the end of next season regardless of results. I can see he’s being pragmatic and working with what he’s got and you can’t underestimate how important that is.

10 Likes

Side note he managed to get a clean sheet against a good Wolves team with a back 3 of:

Mustafi-Luiz-Kolašinac

If that doesn’t tell you how good he is I don’t know what will lol.

10 Likes

@SRCJJ please be careful bro, you’re really getting my hopes up and my heart can’t bear it

4 Likes

I like that there is positivity as @SRCJJ said in the other thread. It’s good to feel good about Arsenal.

I also don’t think we should piss on this parade too much. We won, let’s enjoy it. Let’s not dissect it for being a grim game, which it was.

One thing I will say (and I sound like a broken record now) is that as a performance, it wasn’t much better than Brighton.

Traore had a chance within 20 seconds yesterday. Effectively one on one with the keeper. We’ve got to stop with this shit.

2 Likes

This is what Ive been trying to say ffs lol. So glad its come from the horses mouth now.

We can only work with what we have at this current moment. I think Arteta is extracting the most out of them ability wise.

6 Likes

Getting the hang of subs as well. All the changes yesterday seemed to have an effect.

2 Likes

Even Guardiola, Klopp and Mourinho needed at least one full season, and had a lot of funds, to build. Not to say that Arteta is guarenteed to make a contender out of Arsenal. But still.

Yeah I really expect that considering I literally just said this:

2 Likes

Anyone complaining about us looking like pussies in these games needs a reality check about what we are at the moment. Talking about Barca like we’re about to play them any time soon. We were losing to Wolves fucking 3-0 every time we played them away. We have no right to speak highly of our midtable outfit any more.

We have no defence and no midfield but loads of full backs and hard working engines. For that we have to prioritise a defensive shape. That back 7 are just there to hold the opposition out and slowly build out from the back.

Sitting back and picking off scraps is all we‘re capable of and I’d much rather see us win some boring arse games than win no games as we were before.

1 Like

:unai: These are our last 20 games vs them before this one. That’s not it at all. It’s the irony of people who used to shit on better displays (and results) than this suddenly celebrating a win against this year’s Everton like it’s a lottery win and how suddenly that does not matter now lol

We might be rebuilding and getting points while doing it - if so then that’s great, but we don’t know yet. You can be happypants we got the win and 4 on the trot etc. despite losing the shots and possession and at the same time acknowledge that it might suggest we need to improve further. You can do both. And that comes from me who both supports Arteta and would give any manager a couple of years either way.

4 Likes

Why you gotta bring facts to spoil my argument :crazy_face:

11vs11.com

Went to the exact same site upon reading that “lose the nil each time we go there” but decided not to post as unlike you I didn’t have a wider point to make aside from being pedantic :grin: