1 Like

George Graham is the Scottish Mikel Arteta

4 Likes

Sacrilege

Sorry :joy:

1 Like

They’re both made in Scotland so both my heroes and my dad’s :heart:

3 Likes

How many clear cut chances we give up aside from the Adama one though ?

Arteta now has 26 points from 15 games which isn’t to bad, anyone know where that would sit us in a league table of last 15 games ?

3 Likes

Personally like he seems to be his own man than a carbon copy of another manager. Don’t think our defensive improvement is a coincidence. Long way to go mind, but this season is a slug fest. Just gotta get it done.

1 Like

Yeah but it’s Wolves. Shit like this is why City put us to the sword so easily and we continually get dominated. We’ll see.

Just @ some Twitter stats cunt and they will tell you

1 Like

I’m seen more from his tactics now over the last few games. I do like he’s confidence with given the young lads a chance and getting best out of Xhaka and Mustafi to the point they are actually some of our best players. I do like how he’s handling the Ozil and Guendouzi stuff, shows he’s not afraid to make tough decisions.

Let’s not get ahead of ourselves here.

As a performance, it wasn’t much better than Brighton.

Man City will destroy us based on this in the Cup, Leicester is 50/50.

Having said that, we do tend to play good stuff when we’re 2-0 up and succumbed the opposition into submission. Maybe there’s a lesson there to get the 2 goals quicker? :grin:

Yeah well I know we’re miles off the top few, but Arteta’s first aim is to get us competing for the top 4 again. Baby steps.

1 Like

Put some repsect on Wolves. Solid team that rarely get beat, especially at home.
Three wins in three coming into this game.
Good home cleansheet record.

Arteta comes to town:

Screenshot_20200704-194201_Chrome

13py6c5BSnBkic

12 Likes

They are a very good side, no mugs and great win

Good result but shakey performance tbh

1 Like

El ‘Stroller :+1:t2::+1:t2:

2 Likes

Arteta is not doing good, but he isn’t doing bad either. The performances against these teams seem a lot better structured and thought out.

Going forward however the input from the midfield is lacking. Not enough penetration, be it by players or passes, into the final third or creative thinking of midfield players. Therefore the football is lacklustre and boring. Question is at this point, is that because of his coaching or because the only decent passer that Arsenal has is already gone?

In defense it seems that they are trying to let teams have the ball in less dangerous positions, they give away shots and possession but not like in a manner under Emery, where the defenders got caught in 1-v-1 situations three or four times, every game.

Because Arsenal are such a work in progress, high quality and (exceptionally) well-coached teams, like a City, can pick Arsenal apart easy.

3 Likes

Maybe it’s just me but I never feel like there’s a ton of composure when guys like Xhaka, Kola and Luiz are running around for us.

I think this is just the reverse of Brighton as @DavidHillier said. We took our chance well, rode our luck and got out with three points. I remember being really bullish on these types of results under Emery and then realizing there was nothing underpinning the result. Hopefully I don’t get fooled again. :xhaka2:

1 Like

Difference was that under Emery we’d get a result like this but instead of conceding 7 shots on goal we’d concede 23.

4 Likes

Hope he is for you and the forum. I’m pretty much out of this.
Don’t want to piss on the parade., So just taking a backseat. Good luck guys.

4 Likes