Sunderland Thread

Found myself keeping an eye out for their results since I watched their Netflix doc. The fans they featured were mostly very likeable and I wouldn’t mind seeing them coming back up to the Championship or even PL.

1 Like

Fuck that.
We don’t get to see their fans on the pitch, we get to see the club & the players.
For a whole decade or so that they were in PL, they were mundane, boring and all the similar adjectives.

3 Likes

Yep, I hear ya. Just feel differently after watching that doc.

I haven’t looked at how their doing in league 1 it will make series 2 better not knowing if they got promoted or not

Series 3 gonna be good.

4 Likes

No spoilers, Phoebs :joy:

You joke but there isn’t gonna be a season 3 :slightly_frowning_face:

Netflix:

36e8se

3 Likes

Be surprised if he took it now. Found a niche in the market for his personality and it’s gone if he fails now.
Been out the game for awhile now too.

I reckon he takes it. Still only 50 and if he wants back into the game there won’t be many better opportunities than this. Think there will always be media work out there for him if he wants it

Defoe rejoins in January

Retires in March :joy:

Well we all know he only joined them for the sentimental value.

Any fans complaining should ask themselves what they were really expecting from a 39 year old Jermain Defoe.

1 Like

My wifes family are Mackems. All live up there which is great for Newcastle away!
I went to the playoff final with my son and in laws. So happy for them to finally be out of League One and up into the Championship.
Hope they push on and start fighting to finish near the top of that league soon.

2 Likes

Were any of them on the Netflix show? :smiley:

1 Like

This is very wholesome :smile:

4 Likes

Coconut Revels! I don’t remember those. I feel robbed!

1 Like

https://twitter.com/_the72/status/1742918889015820605?s=46&t=LlMNFvsPPy2ozwuX8FhQrA

https://twitter.com/sunderlandafc/status/1742969229811290404?s=46&t=LlMNFvsPPy2ozwuX8FhQrA

How do decisions like this go through as many hoops as they do without someone shouting stop.

It’s not really a big deal but it should be obvious how something like this would play out publically.

3 Likes