Stephan Lichtsteiner

Thought he looked good. Professional performance really. Brighton pulling a chance or two was to be expected. They’re an underrated side, they have caused problems to others as well.
Issue with today is why we didn’t finish up the match and gave away a needless penalty.

1 Like

Brighton underrated. Going on ive bitten give me a smile emoji.

Hopefully he’s the last of these type of signings we have to endure but I know there will be another 35+ full back from a slower league coming in as soon as he leaves

2 Likes

Honestly have to say he is the worse defender on the books. Mustafi has flown up the charts with him and Mav in the last few weeks. Ffs we are shit.

1 Like

Set to leave as well

6 Likes

I would like to take this back. He wasn’t an improvement on nothing.

6 Likes

This was kind of signing that suits Aston Villa or Middlesbrough

Only if they don’t get promoted. :wink:

1 Like

He was worth a punt last summer, a stop gap at right back given our limited transfer budget, but time for him to go. With Welbeck, Ramsey and Cech all leaving in the summer we have already saved a considerable amount on salary which hopefully puts us in a stronger position this summer to spend bigger on a few top quality players.

2 Likes

What an awful signing. Thank fuck he was free

1 Like

He typifies our lazy, false economy, approach to transfers.
We would have been better off using a young player that would have got some experience and would have at least shown some enthusiasm and potential.

If there was a transfer to try and paper over the cracks that was never going to work, this was it.

5 Likes

Can you take a few more in your car with you Lich? cheers

1 Like

I remember his first half decent appearances, some people thought he can displace Bellerin with all that grit and passion, one month later everyone realized he’s cooked, anyways thanks for freeing up those wages.

Not as bad as Deboosh probably… but yeah, not great even as 1 year stopgap depth.

It’s a few months away now, but maybe we’ll see a bit more of Jenks. Worth a go pre-season. Must be a better option than Lichty. Though I suppose having been here since 1928, Jenks would’ve been a first team regular by now if he’d ‘had the goods’. :slight_smile:

Lol

4 Likes

At least Debuchy had good spells.

After that shoulder injury just didn’t fall for him, seemed quite beastly prior to that. It’s a shame it never worked out.

4 Likes

Finished player. Hope he did a better job off the pitch because I don’t know many players more serious, charismatic and with a work ethic like Steph.

1 Like

Even if he had a great season, I doubt he would have got a second season at Arsenal. I think he was always going to be a stop gap one season signing. It didn’t work out of him, he wasn’t up to the pace of the PL and was found out. Shame as he seemed like a good leader and was once a very good player. We got him a few years too late. But the fact he didn’t play much after January and we play AMN instead is pretty telling.

2 Likes