Stephan Lichtsteiner

All joking aside, yeah he’s worse than Kallstrom. It’s one thing to sign a player with an injury but it’s another thing entirely to sign a guy who is out of gas and not compatible with our system.

As in Trophy bitter on draught. Okay get my coat.

Haha get it now not a fan of bitter tho tbf. All about beer for me

10 Years, you say? This guy still takes it

:facepalm: Horrible thoughts in my mind

people forgetting squillachi too…or is that past 10 years ago?

No he signed in 2010 haha

lol, he was :gabriel: to look at and :gabriel: to watch play… aesthetically was destroying arsenal in every sense of the word

47f982ac0bb3672689541a4efb56151d

3 Likes

His inability to judge the flight of the ball is fucking worrying for a professional footballer. Every fucking week a ball goes over his head that could have been controlled if judged correctly.

He is absolutely useless.

1 Like

Lichtsteiner’s not the worst yet because he hasn’t played enough. He hasn’t had the chance to do real, sustained damage. He may be climbing the list and frankly he disgusts me, but he’s not a top contender for that honour yet, no way

1 Like

Don’t get it. Wasn’t he a very reliable asset at Juventus, for many seasons?

Think @SRCJJ said he wasn’t even in the Juve squads last season so fuck knows why we got him haha

1 Like

It stings to think that Juve are getting Aaron Ramsey from us on a free, while we got Mr Bean from them!

This is an example that free doesn’t always mean free. The mistakes Lichtsteiner has made could cost us CL football. Fortunately for him though, our defence as a whole is pretty bad so he won’t be singled out by many.

1 Like

Free transfers usually mean huge signing on/agent fees and mammoth wages (Kolasinac) they can be costly as fuck, shouldn’t get so suckered into them anymore.

2 Likes

Well I had sincerely hoped February time was his final match for us, but we were treated to one more fantastic display by Swiss Lee Evans. A good reminder of why he’s not been included in the team selection for so long.

This did not turn out to be an inspired signing AT ALL. Quite funny though when you read back at the initial feelings when he signed for us last Summer.:sweat_smile:

1 Like

I think the fact that his thread remained silent until now backs up my feeling that he did alright today. Alright being a relative term of course.

Tbh, there’s far more pressing matters from today’s shambles than this guy really, but he was pretty much at the bottom of this section and figured may as well given him one last bump before he departs for wherever he’ll go.

Didn’t he struggle to track back on his side, which left a large wall of space on his side, with led to us conceding the penalty?

He’s 35 and was never that fast, course he struggled. But he was playing the game he’d been asked to play…

1 Like

It’s what is there really to say, signed him for one year, turns out he was past his sell by date and some of us were suckered in by signing an experienced player on a free transfer, contract is up at the end of the season. He’s just here until he’s not.

3 Likes

He also had no protection. I guess we couldn’t put Moose at Rb bc Koss back and Achilles can’t take it?