Star Wars 9: The Rise of the Skywalker

If they do that I’ll give up on Star Wars for good. I really wanted her to be a skywalker but the last movie did away with all the build up of the first. :man_facepalming:t5: Her time spent with Luke was pointless I thought there was going to be a yoda Luke moment with the two of them. But we know what happened how can someone be paid millions of dollars and come up with something so uninspiring?

Clear that Disney had no clear plan story wise for the new trilogy and just rushed the films out.

Hopefully Disney have learnt their lesson from the fallout from TLJ and Solo.

1 Like

Reckon that Palpatine will in some way influence Rey and Vader influence Kylo to complete the circle. Kylo to finish what Vader started - literally went to the dark side to flush everyone out so that Vader/Anakin can finally end the Sith forever. Kylo is Ben Skywalker so he’ll return back to the light. Remember he thanks his father Han Solo for his sacrifice ?! This film needs to be darker than TESB - otherwise it just won’t stand in its own right. The last 2 films (in this trilogy) make you want to give up whereas Rogue One and Solo had something about them !?

1 Like

If u listen to JJ Abrams they had a plan all along. And I wouldn’t add Solo to the pile of star wars films ppl are upset with. Solo took the shot from ppl being upset at the franchise over TLJ if anything but there were a ton of other factors that ended up making Solo a disappointment financial wise. Solo is a top star wars film imo, and everyone I know loved it.

3 Likes

I liked Solo, shame it had to suffer because they royally dropped the ball with TLJ

If it wasn’t for that no way it does as badly as it did.

3 Likes

They did when TFA was wrote since Abrams plotted out episode 8 an 9 but Johnson threw the script out for episode 8 this is way it’s to disjointed an doesn’t progress the characters or the story.

Solos on Disney for meddling with it firing lord & Miller (blessing in disguise since they went on and did into the spider verse). Tho I would love to have seen their version.

I also hope we get to see Enrenreich and Glover reprise their rolls Eithen in a sequel or a Disney+ series

2 Likes

Speaking of deep fakes take a look at this one…

Pretty crazy, Alden Ehenreich did a pretty good job with getting all the mannerisms and Ford swagger down because the body movements and even the way he says certain things are spot on with Harrison’s face substituted.

1 Like

Wow that’s pretty cool.

Solo is a great film, so unfair how it got treated because of TLJ.

1 Like

Got my midnight screening tickets

1 Like

Just booked mine as well! Was a queue of 1200 people lol.

Managed to get my favourite seats though. Row 4, seats 10,11 and 12. Extra leg space.

3 Likes

I don’t know man I don’t think I can stomach another let down. These sequel trilogies has been trash story wise and makes absolutely no sense

1 Like

Wow that was a large que. Couldnt u have booked online?

Was an online queue actually. The movie cinema app has built it in apparently. Last time a big movie came out their whole server crashed due to the load lol.

1 Like

Ah OK I just been reading that a Norway fan bought his ticket from the cinema due to preorder ticket go on sale first at the cinema before they go online thought it might have been the same in holland.

So Star Wars fans, how we feeling only 4 days away from release? Do you think the film will crack a billion at the box office? What are you excited to see in the film? Any exciting theories about what we are gonna see??

My brother decided to book the trilogy ticket on Wednesday so the new one starts at midnight, I’m working on thursday so I’m buzzing for that.

The last jedi was the worst film I’ve ever seen, I didnt mind the Force awakens.

I’m excited to see how the saga ends, and to eat my bodyweight in popcorn

3 Likes

So you go Wednesday night and they show you all 3 films of the new trilogy with the final film starting at midnight?

Yes 6pm to midnight for TFA and TLJ and the third one starts at midnight until 3am? Then drive home and wake up at 6.30am…hahahahahaha

2 Likes

I think it will be a big hit, because it is about right to put this to an end. Carrie Fisher has passed away, and in the movie Han and Luke as well. Looking forward to the grand finale of all the legends of my generation.

Rei, Kylo, Finn and Poe are not for me.

The longer it drags on, the more lousy the movie will become.
If Palpatine can come back, the force of Yoda and Obi-Wan (and Luke) and others can come back and fuck Palpatine in the ass one more time.
I can’t take that… so, please finish this for all.

1 Like

They absolutely decimated all the heroes in the other 2 films, made me so sad.

Luke turned into some alien milk drinking nephew murdering weirdo. Like what the hell is that.

3 Likes