Squad Management

Love the creativity. But i hate to tell you, I don’t think Mikel is interested.

1 Like

Beaten City and Liverpool with multiple key absentees but there’s people who would swear we got worse this season.

Meanwhile last season’s team could barely deal with one.

1 Like

Good to see Arteta using his subs nice and early. Plenty of rest for Saka, Declan and Trossard.

Greet to see NN finally get some mins. Promising prospect.

3 Likes

Great prospect. Composed on the ball and wanted it. Maybe someone to push Odegaard :-).

A bit of rotation and both of Kiwior and Trossard performed well. El Nenny, Soares and Nwaneri getting run outs was a statement.

Timber, Tomi, Jorginho, ESR, Partey and Jesus weren’t available and we still dog walked West Ham.

I like it that any of Havertz, Trossard & Jorginho could start a game and we won’t feel uncomfortable.

ESR, Kiwior are playing really well as well.

Tomiyasu & Jesus to come back and add more depth.

3 Likes

I know that it is different players for different opponents and tactics are king in 2024, however, I’m interested in seeing what everyone believes our strongest 11 is when everybody is fit?

I’d say.

--------------------------------Raya
–White------------Saliba--------Gabriel------Timber—
-------------------------------Partey-------------------------------
--------------------Odegaard—Rice--------------------------
----Saka---------------Jesus-------------Martinelli--------

#9 Havertz
#6 Jorginho

2 Likes

On current form, definitely. Jesus has to be in our strongest team somewhere though. Hard to drop Saka or Martinelli. One is Mr. Consistency abd the other has proven to be a difference maker against the biggest teams.

Not so sure about having Partey in the starting XI after all that we have found out these days…

:santi: :laca: :white:

Arteta involves him and until that changes, I can’t really comment on the accusations.

His place in my best 11 is at risk because Jorginho has been cooking.

1 Like

I agree with @Flexo

#9 Havertz
#6 Jorginho

I think Havertz as a false 9 gives us something extra and makes us more difficult for opposition teams. Jorginho as DM gives me hope that we are bringing in a new DM in the summer.

Partey has no place in this team. Will be used as a super sub for remainder of season then sold in the summer.

2 Likes

I can’t forget last season. Partey and Partey were unreal in patches and I have them as our two best players.

I agree with Havertz as CF though. He’s put in some really strong performances in key games.

There’s two of them? :rofl:

2 Likes

Felt like it at times on the pitch last year!

I did mean Partey and Jesus!

For me, our best 11 is:

--------------------------------Raya-------------------------------
–White------------Saliba--------Gabriel--------------Timber—
-------------------------------Jorginho-------------------------------
--------------------Odegaard———Rice--------------------------
----Saka---------------Havertz-------------Martinelli--------

Then subs. We can have 9 right? And make 5 subs per game.

• Ramsdale
  • Kiwior
  • Tomiyasu
  • Zinchenko
  • Partey
  • Jesus
  • Trossard
  • ESR
  • Nwaneri / Vieira
1 Like

Ah the bench (when fit) is brilliant

5 Likes

Yeah that bench is top quality - just need them back and firing on all cylinders.

Partey, Zinchenko etc need to get match fit asap.

Easy.

Raya
White-Saliba-Gabriel-Timber
Odegaard-Rice-Havertz
Saka-Jesus-Martinelli

2 Likes