Squad Management

Nah. Nothing against him but bringing him in at 32 and with 35k minutes on his clock and giving him his fattest contract ever…even for a low risk I still think it wouldn’t work out well.

1 Like

It’s an emergency cover anyway, just in case shit hits the fan. Ideally he would come in and barely hit 100 minutes of football by the time he leaves.
That means Jesus and Nketiah stayed fit enough.

For what is worth, I don’t think we are bringing another pure striker in. Reckon Arteta will go striker-less if it came down to it.

No.

4 Likes
                               Jesus
  Martinelli————-Ode—————Saka
                      Xhaka——partey

Zhinchenko—gab/saliba—white/saliba——tomi

That’s the line up I think would be best for the start of the season.

Apart from Xhaka, that’s a pretty decent line up.

I can’t see Arteta starting with him for yet another season so Tielemans, or whoever we get for CM, will be there instead and possibly a LW upgrade on Martinelli.

VIERIA maybe replace xhaka but I don’t know how he will play. On Martinelli he is my boy I think he will develop this season.

3 Likes

Vieira to play as a winger/AM position for me on the left replacing Martinelli

Jesus

Vieira Odegaard Saka

Xhaka Partey

Tierney Gabriel White Tomiyasu

Ramsdale

People still going with that 4-2-3-1 huh? We don’t use that anymore when everyone’s fit. Get with the times. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Fine

Vieira Jesus Saka

Odegaard

Partey

Xhaka Gabriel Holding White Tomiyasu

Ramsdale

Is this a 5-1-1-3?

Brazy.

Basically the same lineup from last season??

I bet a prime Jesus will be bwtter than an in form Auba, but Zinchenko better than an in form Tierney??

Our squad is so big ffs. We had 12 players that travelled with the team but didn’t play yesterday, with at least half of them being key players. And we still have min. 2 new signings coming, most likely will be key players too.

Gonna be a fire sale in August. I do expect some to survive though.

Vieira doesn’t need to be in the forward line.

This is what I would be happy with next season so that we can properly challenge:

Goalkeepers:

1. Ramsdale
  2. Turner
  3. Hein

Defenders:

1. Tomiyasu
  2. Cedric
  3. Saliba
  4. White
  5. Gabriel
  6. Holding
  7. Tierney
  8. Zinchenko

Midfielders:

1. New midfielder
  2. Partey
  3. Elneny
  4. Xhaka
  5. Odegaard
  6. Vieira

Forwards:

1. New FW
  2. Saka
  3. Martinelli
  4. ESR
  5. Jesus
  6. Nketiah

That’s 3 goalkeepers and 20 outfield players.
Arteta did specify his ideal squad would be 3 goalkeepers and 22 outfield players.

“If you can afford it — and we don’t have to do the turnaround in the squad that we’ve had to do — if you ask me what I want, it’s 22 outfield players and 3 goalkeepers .”

You can fill the remaining spots with sone youngsters or whoever is left from the players that are up for sale.

1 Like

If we make quality additions in the areas you mention then yes this squad can challenge for 3rd place if that’s what you mean ?

The top 2 are still are still a couple of levels above though.

If we make quality additions in the areas I mentioned I would feel comfortable with us challenging in general, even the PL. Obviously our chances aren’t the best with Pep around but there’s always an outside chance. I really don’t like going into a season targeting a Top 4 finish, if it comes good, but ideally you should strive to finish as high as possible in the league and have deep runs in the Cup and European competitions.
I just want at least 2 goalies and 20 outfield players that are actually dependable where you can mix and match depending on your approach or where they can fill gaps in absence of others.

I want to see us win the Premier League and the Champions League mate.

It’s just you have to see how far back we are as things stand, the top 2 are getting mid 90s points tally’s with GD + 70 ish.

Whilst we’re currently struggling to scrape together 70 points with a GD of a shade under + 15.

I do hope we put together the squad you’re suggesting though and can maybe sneak 3rd place with 75-80 points and GD of + 30-35

And that’s what you need to strive for. Always set big goals. The team has the potential to do big things so it’s all about setting them on course to do that.
Win as many games as possible, close the gap. Year-on-year improvement and focus on those big goals.

The way I see it, a team that strives for the Top 4 trophy will probably not reach and if they do 4th is the best they’ll do.
Strive for the top and you’ll probably end up in Top 4 without even realising it.

It is very much a mental thing. Easier to look up than down. Chelsea could have lost that Top 4 place but I don’t think pressure really got to them, and by the time it probably did they were already far too ahead for that to happen. See the mentality of Arsenal and Spurs who both had the 4th spot at different times but they treated it like a hot potato. It wasn’t really decided till the end. Pressure got Leicester and West the previous season. Leicester and Wolves the season before.
I won’t even address Man Utd as they’re a joke of a club. Frankly, I don’t think they know what they’re doing and where they’re going.

This doesn’t apply to the matches alone but the windows too.

1 Like

Arteta’s first lineup lol

1 Like

Saka and Xhaka are the only two that still start regularly for Arsenal.

Martinez
Auba
Laca
Luiz
Sokratis
Mustafi
Guendouzi
Willock
Mavropanos
Ozil

All gone.

Torreira
Pepe
AMN
Leno
Nelson

All irrelevant figures now and could be moved on this summer.

That’s 15 or so players that might have been moved on from the first squad of 18 all in 2.5 years lol

1 Like