Squad Management

You can tell who has liked his lunacy without even needing to click on the button.

2 Likes

Good.

2 Likes

It’s amazing that Saliba has become a home grown player because he’s been here for three seasons yet has never played for his “home” club.

He’ll have his debut for us in his testimonial game. :grinning:

1 Like

Eh? How can Saliba be homegrown?

He was registered before he was eighteen and has “been with us” for three seasons.
So technically he’s homegrown, which is a slightly tenuous description.

1 Like

English HG? That whacks £10m on his price. Fuck off Marseille, we’ll be living good off that Aston Villa / Everton money now :arteta2: :arteta2:

1 Like

@Craigie

It is just the amount of transfer budget I guess.

If we do have the money and lock down our targets already, it is plain stupidity that we are playing the waiting game and look for “cheaper” options.

Unless Tielemans is being used as a smoke screen or whatsoever… IF he is one of our targets, we should snatch him as quick as possible. I don’t buy the theory that because we are doing business for the Brazilian/Portuguese wingers so that we cannot work on Tielemans/other’s transfer.

Same could be said for Newcastle though. They have the money but they don’t want to start overpaying for every player. City does that too.

If you set a precedent, you end up like Man Utd, getting rinsed for every player you sign.

City’s first signing was Haaland, a true CF that they needed for more than a season, and I don’t think they really need anymore “starter” like us.

Newcastle, no clue. New ownership new management… we will see

That wasn’t what I was saying.
City can pay up but they’re notorious for dropping their interest if they feel the asking price is unreasonable.
Newcastle so far have taken this approach so far too with the exception of Bruno.

got it

1 Like

Man City will find it easier to attract top players because they’ve got the best manager and best team so are almost always going to win trophies but Newcastle aren’t as attractive so will have to pay more.

Ant and Dec will be very off putting for potential targets tbh.

1 Like

Trying not to get too excited here, but lord, there’s 2 XIs in there. When was the last time we had ~20 competent players?

Hopefully I didn’t jinx it.

1 Like

Raphina starts over fucking Martinelli and ESR

Deluded Arsenal fans lol

3 Likes

As long as Xhaka is in the squad, never. :grinning

But I agree, that is a good group of players with plenty of quality in depth and easily top four level.

So, here’s a question for you lot.

Say both Gabriel and Nketiah were out for some reason, who starts up top?

• Martinelli
  • Smith Rowe
  • Balogun

0 voters

Now that Raphinha is off, I would like his alternative to have the capacity to play up top if needed.

another striker :henry2:

I’ve throw his name out there before but if we ever wanted a safe third choice striker we should look nk further than:

Good lad and should be fairly cheap.
Bags in goals for both club and and country.