Spurs vs Arsenal (PL)

@Bl1nk , thanks for refreshing my memory on how wasteful Adebayor could be. Still remember that 3rd goal he scored in that game, which was world class but he could match Auba for wastefulness. And nothing comes close to Blonde Almunia to send shives down an Arsenal fan’s spine.

There’s two tanks here, our and Spurs’. Even if we have run out of luck, maybe they still have some bad luck in their tank for us to benefit from.

Exactly this. Arteta has to know this, and players like Xhaka, Gabriel, Ramsdale also better beware of giving away silly fouls. We have much lesser pressure on us than they do. Even a loss is not the end of the world, but a win, and a smart win, will for sure get us the big prize. So just have to keep that in mind at all times. Really hope Arteta has the team mentally and tactically setup the right way. This is basically what this team has worked towards all season.

It’s miserable to have to say it but this is literally a cup final for us.

We have to treat it as such and really make sure we set ourselves up for victory.

I wonder who will be dreading this game more… Arsenal fans or Spurs fans.

It’s funny because there’s so much pressure on both teams and both clubs have such a strong tradition of bottling it, I actually think it’s equally bad.

Maybe a bit less for us with our 4 point buffer but that just makes the games against Newcastle and Everton so much worse for us.

3 Likes

Definitely see your point - we certainly have missed glorious opportunities in the league over the past 10-15 years.

But I would never put us in the same bracket as Spurs when it comes to bottling.

We have still risen to the occasion in the FA Cup and won 4 of the fuckers even during a period of decline, beating the best teams in the country along the way.

The scum have such a rich tradition of bottling that the word “spursy” has come about especially for their pathetic exploits over the years.

The game on Thursday isn’t decisive for us in any event. We can afford any result and our fate is still in our hands. With them absolutely needing the win, let’s see if their football 'eritage comes out again

5 Likes

This game needs to hurry up and get here. It’s been distraction this entire week.

4 Likes

Yeah it’s not ideal

Yeah this wait fucking sucks

Interesting Conte struggles against Arsenal…

Them for sure.

More on the line for Spurs. If we lose, it’s still in our hands, we go again. If they lose then it’s season over.

I’m strangely looking forward to it.

6 Likes

Arsenal fans, from what I’ve seen/heard

Can’t lose what you don’t have mentality going for Spurs, home turf with Kane and Son in form where you know you have to be aggressive. The pressure is def on Arsenal to maintain.

I bet spuds fancy Everton or Newcastle to snatch points from Arsenal, especially if we’re coming off a poor NLD result

1 Like

Prick

1 Like

Why has he blocked replies

Pussy. Backup your tweet

2 Likes

That cost Harry Kane a trophy.

They don’t even know whether their star manager will stay for another year and the result of the game will surely be relevant. And if Conte fucks off that’s basically the Harry Kane era over without a trophy as the club will rebuild and he will surely look to leave.

I think they have more riding on getting top four than we do and as you say even if we lose this we still have it in our hands.

I’m nervous as hell but Spurs fans seem like complete wrecks right now.

1 Like

If Chelsea lose tomorrow and we lose to the lilywhites, the last day of the season could end up being a three horse race for 2 places.

Ah @Berkobotswana is replying. Best make meself scarce.

Big performance from Saka incoming?

Tomiyasu needs to play right back. He was excellent against Son in the home fixture.

3 Likes

Top 4 is yours even if you bottle it at the lane .
We have both rode our luck this season , both teams are not that good and debatable that both will be only cannon fodder in the champs league.
Conte has done miracles with arguably the worst wingbacks in the league . Our whole game is reliant on Kane , Son and to a lesser extent our new young useful Slavic Swede . If they don’t perform then Conte has no plan b , he has nothing to work with and is not flexible .
Arsenal lately have got results back on track but in my eyes haven’t looked convincing . Tremendous amount of bustle and they have put teams under pressure…
The Lane will be a cauldron and no doubt if imbeciles from toxic comedy central Arsenal Fan TV turn up then there may be some how’s your father . London’s greatest derby and l think a draw is the most likely result.
I wish you all the best what ever happens with a world full of uncertainty , Ukraine , energy , ongoing Brexit trade chaos , inflation and many people struggling.
Hopefully in a year’s time things will be better.

God bless and keep you peckers up .
Your old lillywhite mate
images (6) (18)

16 Likes