Spurs vs Arsenal (PL) 2-3

Must-win game for both teams. Let’s see who wants it more.

Season defining fixture for both clubs. Let’s put them to the sword please.

Play the same team as we did last night. Hopefully Saka turns up for once.

Sneaky chance on a St Totteringham’s Day btw (Which is inevitable either way and I know not at all important right now :slight_smile: )

1 Like

Yes. According to The Athletic there’s like a 1.1% chance England get the extra (5th place) CL spot.

1 Like

Kinda glad. I’m not too fond of the idea of 5th spot popping up randomly. Give a clear target for the season. Any benefit should be for next season and then teams can aim for that.

1 Like

It’s important and let’s enjoy it on their ground.

1 Like

Essentially all the German sides need to crash out in spectacular fashion and Villa needs to win ECL in spectacular fashion themselves(which tbf isn’t unlikely with who’s left in the competition).

Can’t decide on Jorginho or Partey, jorgi would worry me when they break but I did feel we had less midfield control last night until we put the scoreline beyond chelsea and they caved in.

Trossard has to start, don’t care about Martinelli’s counter pace atm…he’s playing crap and Trossard deserves the start.

Probs would stick with last nights lineup, maybe Kiwior back in if any changes.

Because every game is the biggest game of the season :grinning:

2 Likes

Watch spurs kick us all over the pitch, it’s the only way they’ll win.

We do get five subs though. It’s a nice problem to have knowing that Martinelli could either run at them from the start or run at them when they’re tired.

I wonder if we’ll see a return to the midblock. I just think Spurs look so vulnerable on the counter.

Last night, after Cucurella left a little on Saka a few too many times, Trossard crossed the entire pitch to clatter him. I don’t think we are a soft touch

1 Like

We’re definitely not a soft touch no matter how many times the media narrative refuses to move on from mid-to-late era Wenger teams that were often kicked off the pitch. But I do think there’s a permission structure for smaller teams like Sheffield or Spurs to kick the shit out of our wingers. We definitely have guys who can give it back but I just think at home Spurs are going to go uber physical to get their crowd onside. It doesn’t hurt that they have one of the most brain-dead players of all time in their backline. Romero is the true heir to Mustafi. (Horrendous defender who somehow won a World Cup)

2 Likes

We’re so far ahead of them now

https://twitter.com/kayakaynak97/status/1783105868126355805

BUT BUT BUT I thought there was a POWERSHIFT when CONTE beat us two seasons ago in the famous TOP 4 CL QUALIFICATION FINAL.

:nerd_face:

6 Likes

No bozo moments and it’ll be a smooth win. Gotta be focused and take advantage of the spaces they will give us.

2 Likes

Yup, gives them more time to whittle about another looming hammering. FOYS.

1 Like

One of the biggest frauds in recent memory.

can’t believe Angefraud won manager of the month three months in a row in autumn last year. need to bonk these scrubs.

2 Likes

But he’s so likeable and so brave!

When will the media cotton on that they are False Hope FC. Get fucked lillywhite shills.

I think on form, Trossard should be prioritised again on the LW. It really can work both ways though. Maybe Arteta will play the reverse to what his subs were against Chelsea and start Marti/Jesus and sub on Trossard for another dream cameo appearance. As mentioned above, it’s a great position to be in.

Again, Partey, he should probably start and then use Jorginho as our lock-down merchant in the last 20 minutes.

Spurs are shite, not quite in disarray as Chelsea are but definitely there to be carved apart if we approach it right.

The team and fans go into this one riding high either way, what a fantastic position to be in at this time of the season :vinai:

1 Like