Sporting vs Arsenal (EL) 2-2

There were some spares knocking about last night I heard.

Understandable given the farcical timing of the game.

No Tierney is disappointing. We might need Zinny’s experience on the pitch. With that said though, White has been rotated a fair bit recently so maybe he starts with Tomi on the left.

The area where we are light is in the forward positions.

I really hope he gets chance tonight.

This new format of the EL is an improvement but it’s a very long wait for knockout football to begin if you win the group, nice to have European football back at last.

1 Like

I’m looking forward to the game tonight as it’s nice to have European football back, but ultimately I don’t see us winning and that doesn’t really bother me.

Focus is on the league for me above all else, EL success is a nice little bonus.

There is literally no use of us being in this competition now. It can only serve to hamper the league campaign. Would be more than happy with the below

Turner - Tomiyasu Kiwior Holding Tierney - Jorginho - Vieira Xhaka - Nelson Nketiah ESR

Momentum is not a factor when only 1/2 players start the next game. There’s a good chance to win the title and zero chance of winning both so screw the EL.

1 Like

Disagree completely

This club needs Europe, a good run can only help us in the league. We have a squad and should use it but momentum is required to take into League games.

1 Like

Didn’t mean a thing when we lost to PSV.

The City game was different because most of that team were first team regulars.

All we’re doing is adding games here when the reward is something we’ve already sealed in the league.

Id have to disagree again lol

It did mean a lot to lose to PSV but as it was a group game and didn’t mean we went out. We still won the group with our other results.

It is more games, you are correct, but thats why we have a squad. We have to trust and use the squad we have put together to fight in 2 competitions. Next season we will be fighting in 4 of them so might as well get used to it now

9 Likes

That is a class pic

He should have posed behind the grill.

1 Like

Can’t watch the game today due to work. Hope the guys get the job done today and I’m watching a done and dusted game in the second leg.

COYG!

1 Like

Yep. Not a legit pic if there’s no grill around :xhaka:

That pink kit is long lost. And it’s one sexier kits we’ve released in recent years. :disappointed:

United beat a Barcelona team without Pedri and Gavi… big deal.
0-7 smash against Liverpool thrashed their chance and confidence.

No way they are the favorite to win the EL. NO WAY

I think a lot of the coverage around that Barcelona result had to do with Barcelona “the brand” being knocked out of the EL.

I watched both legs and didn’t really think much of ManU’s performance.

1 Like

3 Likes
2 Likes

As expected, no Jesus. He’s still not in full training, he only trains with the team.

:hipster:

1 Like