:spiral_calendar: Thursday 2023-03-09T17:45:00Z
:soccer: Europa League

Our European campaign continues.

Result

• Sporting win
  • Draw
  • Arsenal win

0 voters

We have Fulham away after this game so I am conflicted between not leaving anything for the second leg and resting players so we can play Fulham at our best.

1 Like

Fuck it I am going with rotation. We should be able to trouble them with our rotated side and any shortcoming can be combated at our home match.

Turner
Tomiyasu Saliba Kiwior Tierney
Jorginho Vieira Xhaka
Nelson Martinelli ESR

7 Likes

I think we should sack off this game. I’m insulted that we are not favourites to win this competition.

I don’t understand why Man United are deemed better? What, because they beat Barcelona? A game they only played because they failed to win their group. We could have beaten Barcelona too, but we never had the chance because we won our bloody group!

3 Likes

That’s my lineup also, but Eddie in place of Martinelli if he’s fit.

They’ve really got to do sometime about the scheduling of these matches so close to the working day

2 Likes

Wait, I didn’t know this was a thing. :rofl:

We were the favourites to win it for some time, I guess Man Utd’s showings against Barca made them favourites?

Yes, exactly! But that isn’t fair, we were too good to be in that shitty round, so now Man United are favourites. Not just with bookies, but on podcasts and TV, pundits are like “Man United can go on and win this”. Maybe they just forgot we’re still in it.

1 Like

17.45 kick off makes sense, the 2 things you don’t fuck around with in Portugal is lunch and dinner

2 Likes

Can’t they do both? Eat and watch footy?

It’s not allowed the Portuguese constitution says you must be seated with a proper hot meal

2 Likes

No Rob Holding please but I would rotate. Hopefully, Eddie is back.

-----------------------Turner----------------------
-Tomi-----Saliba-----Kiwior-----Tierney-
--------------Jorginho–Xhaka----------------
-----ESR---------Vieira----------Nelson-----
--------------------Nketiah-----------------------

3 Likes

I would rest Saka but I would like us to win the trophy, about time we had some European success

1 Like

The Nketiah and Trossard injuries probably mean Martinelli leads the line again.

Interesting situation with Jesus being close to a comeback. I know I said there is no need to rush him back but if he is deemed fine next week then I could see him in the squad for Fulham.

1 Like

Can we recall Balogun?

Is there such an option? Hopefully we don’t need that. I assume the Nketiah injury isn’t as serious and Jesus should hopefully be good to go.

An undercooked Barcelona too. They started a backup midfield.

1 Like

Our odds may have dropped because people think we’re going to blow off the competition to focus on the league.

2 Likes

Although Man U are slight favourites, it’s only because the bookies know we’re more likely to be focusing more on the PL than the EL.

Anyway, who wants to be favourite?
It’s more pressure on them now they think they’re the best team in Europe. :grinning:

Edit: Just noticed @Powderfinger said the same thing.

Don’t rotate it impacts our next game too much. Two adjustments to the side yesterday and the fluency went.
Start full strength and you can start bringing players on from halftime.

2 Likes